News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Word documents not faxing
Tags: fax
Jul 6, 2022 at 9:33am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Northern Adjusters WC

We are attaching both Word (.doc) documents and Adobe (.pdf) for faxing via email. The Word documents are being ignored or not sent (failure). If both Word and Adobe documents are attached, the Word document is ignored and only the Adobe document sent.

Word is shown as an accepted file type yet is no longer working.

on Jul 6, 2022 at 9:40am   •  0 likes

Hi @Northern Adjusters WC I moved your question from developer to user forum as it seems non API related, if not, please let me know else someone should be able to answer here.

on Jul 6, 2022 at 10:21am   •  0 likes

The supported version for doc file is Windows: 95, 97, 2000, 2003, 2007 Mac: 4, 5.x, 95, 98. If it meets the requirement, you should not have an issue sending it. Please submit a ticket to Tech Support so they can check why you are getting this problem.

https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html

on Jul 6, 2022 at 10:26am   •  0 likes

I just got off the phone with tech support. I was told on 6/30/2022, RingCentral did an update removing supported file types .doc and .docx. We can no longer send Word documents and must convert them to PDF for submission. I gave feedback this was inefficient and creating more work to get a fax through.

on Jul 6, 2022 at 10:29am   •  0 likes

Thanks for letting us know. Have you submitted your feedback in our Ideas Portal?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us