News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Updated iPhone 13 pro to ios 15.6.1 now app doesn't open
Tags: ringcentral app
Aug 18, 2022 at 9:14am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
lizbauer

I updated my iPhone 13 pro to ios 15.6.1 and now the RingCentral iOS app doesn't open. When I tap the app icon a transparent rectangle pops up and then fades out, not opening the app. I deleted the app and reinstalled. I also restarted my phone. The app still doesn't open. I was able to open the ios app this am before updating. Once i updated to ios 15.6.1 the app doesn’t open.

The ios update was only a security update, so not sure what happened.

on Aug 18, 2022 at 9:25am   •  0 likes

Hello @lizbauer, I'm checking if this is a known issue.

on Aug 18, 2022 at 9:57am   •  0 likes

thanks! I think it's pretty new since the ios update is new. I also created a case for the issue as well.

on Aug 18, 2022 at 10:07am   •  0 likes

Thanks for creating a case. If you get an update from Support, let us know here, just in case others may experience the same issue.

on Aug 18, 2022 at 10:23am   •  1 likes

will do! I also chatted with support on Twitter and gave them my case number. they said they would assign it to advanced support.

on Sep 27, 2022 at 12:24pm   •  0 likes

there still hasn't been a solution for this. The app still doesn't work even with the latest app update. No followup from support case. Last update from support was 8/30. I reported this issue on 8/18 and now it's the end of September with no solution. Not being able to use the app on my phone is very disrupting to communicating with my team.

on Sep 27, 2022 at 1:26pm   •  0 likes

Hi @lizbauer, I'm sorry to hear this! I will follow up on what's going in with this issue.

on Oct 3, 2022 at 1:46pm   •  0 likes

I still haven't heard anything! When will someone update me on what is going on? I really need to use the ios app!

on Oct 4, 2022 at 11:56am   •  1 likes

Hi @lizbauer, I'm currently reaching out to the owner of your case, and checking for an update.

on Oct 17, 2022 at 8:39am   •  0 likes

i have updated my phone to ios 15.7 and the app still doesn't work. since ios 16 has been reported very buggy, i am not updating until it is stable.

i would really appreciate if there is any solution? i reported this in august.

on Sep 27, 2022 at 2:01pm   •  0 likes

thank you. i replied twice to the support case and still haven't heard back

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us