News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Ring central messages - disable edit/delete post
Tags: message
Oct 20, 2022 at 12:15pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Andrey Volkov

Would it be possible to develop the option to enable or disable editing/deleting posts in Ring Central Messaging? I need to stop users from deleting and editing what they wrote.

on Oct 21, 2022 at 6:28pm   •  0 likes

There's a way to find out deleted messages by exporting the chat logs. They are exported as a .zip file and inside it you have folder "posts" that contains a JSON file.
You can use a regular notepad to open it (I used Sublime text 4). Once you open it you see a lot of details. If you want to find out the deleted parts just search for the keyword "true" so they get highlighted. In the attached picture you can see I wrote "testing 3" and deleted it. You won't be able to know if people edit the messages Capture.PNG

here's also an article on how to export the logs
https://support.ringcentral.com/app/admin/desktop-web/requesting-message-data-exports-ringcentral-app.html

on Oct 21, 2022 at 3:18pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Andrey Volkov, there is no setting to disable this function. You may submit a feature request in the Ideas Portal at https://support.ringcentral.com/new-case.html.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us