News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Outgoing fax result is "Unknown" What does this mean? Did it go out or not?
Tags: fax
Dec 3, 2019 at 9:00am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
kfisher

Trying to send an outgoing fax.  Showing "Unknown" as the result. 
on Oct 24, 2022 at 10:57am   •  1 likes

I have had the same issue and while working with support they told me the receiver is hanging up. I spoke with the receiver and they are using a stand alone fax machine that has no issues receiving from others. I have also tested sending from another online fax account and it works every time. Something is up with RingCentral's faxing service. This has been on going since March 2022, starting then the result is either unknown or busy. If you get this resolved please come back here with the fix!

on Oct 26, 2022 at 3:35pm   •  0 likes

I'm having the same issue and need confirmation that the faxes are going through. These faxes have a 24 hour response time and it is important to know if the faxes are successful or not.

on Jun 21, 2021 at 2:19pm   •  0 likes

Why answer the question if you are "not familiar" with it? I am getting this a lot lately to a number of numbers, and when I call the fax lines, they are beeping and ready to get the fax. SO, knowing what "Unknown" is would help me know how to resolve this issue.

on Jun 21, 2021 at 3:19pm   •  0 likes

"Unknown" usually appears when the fax is still trying to send, especially if those are multiple pages.

on Dec 4, 2019 at 9:34am   •  0 likes
I'm not familiar with the "Unknown" result, but I would recommend checking the sent items folder to see if it is there, and if not, then attempt at resending the fax. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us