News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
SMS option not showing up on desktop and phone app, recipients are also not receiving my texts
Tags: sms and text messaging, sending sms, text
Aug 1, 2022 at 12:12pm   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
Loreal Mendoza

My team and I cannot send texts to clients. There is no option for that on the dekstop app. Also, we cannot see text history of texts sent from the mobile app.

1659380879406.png

Clients also reported to us that they are not receving texts from us even though we have sent them numerous times.

We have a dedicated phone number for each team member as well as extensions. Roles have been updated to Super Admin so everyone can send SMS. We have tried uninstalling and them installing but still nothing!

This has been happening since we moved to RingCentral last week. This is giving us a headache since we use texts heavily to contact clients. We are losing business over this.

on Feb 27, 2023 at 12:51am   •  0 likes

Hello and Good Morning Becky

I have submitted the TCR request, being the the cut-off date for submitting the TCR form is 3-31. I would not think that would have any impact on our current SMS issues. We have many end-users that are not experiencing any issues, but there are a few that are and support has not been what we would have expected on this issue

Case # #17437858 and Case # #17360038

Thank you so so much for any additional support and direction that you may be able to provide

Very Much Appreciated!!

on Feb 27, 2023 at 9:19am   •  0 likes

@jack-magee When I looked up your registration, it looks like it was rejected based on a lack of information around 3 unique sample SMS messages.
I would recommend going through the Admin Portal and resubmitting making sure you fill out every field.
Feel free to shoot us an email with questions if our team can help further.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Feb 23, 2023 at 12:11am   •  0 likes

Having same issues...trying to get support to reply back has been an issue as well. Did anyone provide a root cause why it works one day then not ...

Thank You in advance!!

on Feb 23, 2023 at 7:54am   •  0 likes

@jack-magee Have you submitted your TCR registration for SMS?
I would recommend visiting the Admin Portal and submitting your registration so we can process the request and enable SMS.

You can learn more here:
https://support.ringcentral.com/sms-registration.html

on Aug 4, 2022 at 4:46pm   •  0 likes

This happened to me last week with a new account. You have to open a support request and ask to have SMS turned on. It took a day or two.

on Aug 5, 2022 at 7:55am   •  1 likes

Already did. This was resolved two days ago.

on Nov 15, 2022 at 2:41pm   •  0 likes

Same thing happened to me my account is old. At first it was showing me SMS option but not showing now.

on Nov 15, 2022 at 3:44pm   •  0 likes

Hope you contacted support. They were able to resolve it. We still get issues with texts not sending but when given time, it just fixes itself.

on Aug 1, 2022 at 3:09pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Loreal Mendoza, I've responded to your email.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us