News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Not receiving inbound text messages - random
Tags: receiving sms
Feb 4, 2020 at 8:53am   •   12 replies  •  0 likes
rob-jordan
I am not getting all of my inbound text messages. This has been going on for a few days. I sent myself separate text messages today in this order: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6" ... I only got 1, 4, 6 (out of order) and 5 .. I have had clients commenting that I have not responded to their text messages. I have not received them, nor have I received the notification emails from RingCentral. 
on Feb 25, 2020 at 12:35pm   •  1 likes
I had one text that I know of that didn't arrive yesterday, but maybe that's the end of the problem with Jessica's update from earlier today.  I'm cautiously optimistic.
on Feb 24, 2020 at 8:37pm   •  0 likes
Still an issue.  Today is 2020-02-24, and I just confirmed with a client that a message she sent did not arrive on my RingCentral SMS number, and she got no error or bounce-back on her end.  This is very disappointing; I was hoping the problem was resolved.
on Feb 11, 2020 at 12:57pm   •  0 likes
I have heard directly from Carl, an Ops manager, asking if I am still experiencing an issue. For the past two days, things have been fine. 

on Feb 11, 2020 at 12:43pm   •  1 likes
Just want to chime in and say that my users are experiencing this issue as well. This has been happening to us for the last week or so. Any updates as to the progress towards resolution would be greatly appreciated.

An issue like this really impacts our business, the problem itself coupled with the lack of updates has some people in my org talking about looking for alternative providers.
on Feb 6, 2020 at 3:18pm   •  1 likes
I am not getting all of my business text messages either and it appears to be random.  The senders are not getting any sort of error in sending; messages are just not arriving.  I don't know how long this has been happening.  I'm fairly new to RingCentral, but so far SMS is just not reliable.
on Feb 6, 2020 at 2:16pm   •  1 likes
I did decided to go ahead and open a case and found out that this is a system wide problem that is impacting a lot of people. They are apparently working on fixing it, but I got the impressions it's been going on for a while.

on Feb 4, 2020 at 11:16am   •  1 likes
This is happening to me too. I don't know if I should start a support ticket or not. It's random. I received a text from a client asking if I received a text they sent the day prior, which I did not. Has happened with two clients and started a few days ago. I've run tests by texting my personal phone and my spouse's that went through fine.
on Feb 25, 2020 at 8:36am   •  1 likes
For me, the problem has been resolved. 
on Feb 10, 2020 at 10:55am   •  0 likes
I called to speak to a representative when I opened my case.
on Feb 10, 2020 at 10:19am   •  0 likes

I'm trying to open a case through https://support.ringcentral.com/, but the form submission isn't working for me. I've tried using Chrome and Firefox, with and without private/incognito mode. Anyone else getting this error in trying to submit a case? The error starts with "Something Goes Wrong: Insert Failed. First Exception in Row 0." Looks like a coding error of some sort.

on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:37pm   •  0 likes
I would recommend opening a case with our Tech Support team to investigate this! 

1 Answer
answered on Nov 16, 2022 at 5:19pm  

Jay, I gave up on RingCentral's Business SMS months ago and switched to Google Voice. It works flawlessly. Too much instability (and keyword censoring!!) with RCs SMS.

answered on Feb 10, 2020 at 12:53pm  
This is a known issue that is being actively researched. If you open a case, please reference INC-25452, and you will be automatically emailed when this is resolved. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us