News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Texting Approval Process
Tags: sms and text messaging, text
Jan 17, 2023 at 7:30am   •   5 replies  •  1 likes
Tammie McDaniel

Hello - I paid in full and signed up with Ring Central on 12 - 24 - 22, this would be our 4th or 5th round in trying to migrate to RingCentral!

While I had high hopes since we had an onboarding call the 12 - 26 - 22 to learn we could text message, we have filled out the form for Cloud Talk, RedOxygen and Open phonen all approved in minutes.

We were told the form would be approved in 24 - 72 hours, were now 1 1/2 waiting for texting - we can not use the platform otherwise.

Who has actually been approve??

on Feb 6, 2023 at 10:19am   •  0 likes

Similar issue…this is a real problem.

I doubt this was a surprise roll out by all the major cell carriers…just seems like a little planning could have prevented all this.

TCR form submitted on Jan 7th. We are a property management company that can’t reply to any texts; I get that it’s out of RingCental’s control but I feel like someone should have seen this coming.

1 month today and still no resolution, prepare for longer than 10-14 days.

on Feb 22, 2023 at 9:23am   •  0 likes

14 days later and still nothing on this. is anyone actually doing any work? i am picturing all of the TCR forms sitting in a pile in a dark room alone collecting dust

on Feb 6, 2023 at 7:18am   •  0 likes

Form filled out on 1/5. It's now been 31 days. THIS IS CRITICAL to my business. The account manager never mentioned that I might be without this service for months! If it wasn't such a pain to port my number back to my old service, I would!

on Feb 8, 2023 at 10:55am   •  0 likes

Jill,

Do you have texting yet? I still do not :(

on Feb 9, 2023 at 8:08am   •  1 likes

Nope... calling again today.

on Feb 9, 2023 at 8:41am   •  0 likes

I don't even know who to call anymore. Spent 3 hours on the phone yesterday. "We are working on it. Waiting approval."

-yea you have been telling me that for 2 weeks after the due date. I think they are just waiting for me to give up. Received my bill today though. That came through just fine

on Feb 9, 2023 at 8:44am   •  0 likes

I talked to my account rep and they put in for a refund for the service last week. However, I haven't seen that show up on my account yet....

on Feb 22, 2023 at 9:24am   •  0 likes

Jill,

I am still waiting. How about you?

on Feb 23, 2023 at 3:17pm   •  0 likes

Yep.

I have given up.

on Feb 23, 2023 at 3:31pm   •  0 likes

ring-central.pngI was just told today that my TCR form was rejected because of an invalid URL. I don't even have a website. This is such a joke. They asked me to submit via their fancy new self registration web service and when I log in its not even a drop down. I literally can't even submit it again if i wanted to go through the process. Such a joke

on Feb 9, 2023 at 12:56pm   •  0 likes

Have them issue credits weekly for every week you cant use the damn thing - it takes a few days.

on Feb 23, 2023 at 3:18pm   •  0 likes

They said they would -- 30 days ago. Nada credit so far.

on Feb 6, 2023 at 9:31am   •  0 likes

@Jill Dunkel From what I can see, your TCR has been preapproved, but not completed. This process is managed by a third party so we're at their whim, but someone will be in touch when the process is completed.

on Feb 6, 2023 at 7:10am   •  0 likes

same problem tammie. i signed up December 8th. account executive left and nobody bothered telling me. requested text messaging on day 1. finally in early January i reached out to see what the hold up was and they assigned me a new account exec who told me to fill out the TCR form. sent in my TCR form on January 9th. was told 10-14 business days. on business day 21 now from the form and almost 2 months after signing up with Ring Central and still no text messaging. sure am getting charged by the company each month though!

on Feb 8, 2023 at 11:28am   •  0 likes

I am a headhunter and have access to companies' org charts and emails - direct line so it took it to the executive level and got my account enabled.

Was advised they just learned of the requirement - total BS as I filled out the SAME forms for Red Oxygen on December 19th - was approved by the sales rep in minutes, I tried a few platforms and all required the form in Nov - Dec so Ring dropped the ball.

You should know - I tried onboarding moving to Ring 4 times in 3 years and finally accomplished so by pure psycho determination 100% only way. They use to have no onboarding - then a pure hot mess to cancel an account wanting to say it takes 2 months.

Now I am setup we will see - feel like they owe me $5k for my time invested - lol

on Feb 9, 2023 at 8:09am   •  0 likes

Any help to get my case to the next level would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at shtx@stockhorsetexas.org

on Feb 6, 2023 at 9:34am   •  0 likes

@Jack Hainline Your TCR is also preapproved, but not yet competed.
We know this is challenging and we're doing our best to make sure the process is moving in the right direction.
Please feel free to reach out to the Community team if we can support you further.
Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Feb 6, 2023 at 10:20am   •  0 likes

Brandon Ramirez from TCR (the third party you are implying is responsible)-

"This is an issue on the RingCentral side, and you do need to speak to them about it as they are the ones managing your registration. They are aware that they need to assist."

on Feb 10, 2023 at 10:18pm   •  0 likes

Let me add some context as TCR registration is being used generally here to refer to the entire process. However, the registration process is not as simple as just receiving TCR's approval, there are additional requirements and vetting.

Part of the reason the process takes as long as it does is RingCentral is manually reviewing the forms to ensure our customers are compliant with carrier policies, and to ensure that the registration has the highest probability of being accepted by TCR, Syniverse, and other parties as required.

After the form has been submitted and approved by TCR, the campaign then needs to go to Syniverse for an additional manual vetting and approval. This can take between 5 and 20 business days (depending on their backlog). If the form does not meet their standards, even if approved by TCR, the campaign will be rejected and requires a new submission (where the clock starts over).

Additionally, some customers may require additional vetting (primarily for T-Mobile) based on their SMS volumes or number of lines (there currently is a 1-2 week approval process for the subID to cover more than 49 lines).

We do have a backlog on our end, and we are working as quickly as possible to clear it and get everyone registered. We are also working on automation that will help our customers complete the forms successfully and should reduce the time it takes to register - although the manual vetting time required by Syniverse will remain.

I know this doesn't solve the delays, but hopefully adds some light into why you are seeing the delays that you are as we work to help everyone understand these new industry changes, bring their usage in compliance, and deliver a best in class SMS service (despite some very frustrating bumps in the road as we and other providers race towards the March 31, 2023 deadline to get all customers registered, while also working to meet requirements to register new numbers before enabling SMS).

on Feb 11, 2023 at 5:42am   •  0 likes

I appreciate the information. However, I would assume the sales reps would also have this intel. And they are not passing it on to new customers. I was told 7-10 days from onboarding the SMS process would be finalized. I'm going on day 37 with no SMS. I would not have moved my account to RingCentral if I had known it would be this way.

on Feb 11, 2023 at 5:49am   •  0 likes

Same. Be honest with the customer. The account exec's are saying 10-14 business days. I would suspect Ring Central knew this was coming for months so I am confused how such a backlog developed. I wasn't told about the TCR when I signed up in December which I would presume they had not even started process them yet. It was not until I reached out 4 weeks later in January that it was communicated. It appears anyone in that time frame is getting zero service. The customers that had texting before that time frame I would presume still have the ability to text even though they are in the queue. Ring Central should prioritize the customers that can not text at all even if they are lower in the queue. Thanks for the explanation.

on Jan 18, 2023 at 7:31am   •  0 likes

I emailed the RingCentral Executive team and got a response from a SVP of sales on the issue - RingCental at this point today can Not Sign up a New Customer and enable Texting in a timely Manner!

• We signed up paid in full on 12.24.22
  • Filled out initial form 12.27
  • Submitted form 4 more times - was acknowledged received on 1.6.23
  • Was advise it takes 24-72 hours to process
  • Has NOT processed as of 1.18.23
  • Now Advised once it actually processed received - it will take another 10-15 Days
  • ALL NEW CUSTOMERS should anticipate it taking at least 2 months to get Texting Enabled!
  • We Can Not use the account, having to get weekly credits!
1 Answer
answered on Jan 17, 2023 at 9:00am  

@Tammie McDaniel I can't speak for those other platforms - they may be simply approving your ability to text, but not pushing through compliance via TCR.
My team is happy to look into your request and see where it stands, but typically it takes 7-10 business days for the request to be processed through the TCR.

on Feb 6, 2023 at 7:13am   •  0 likes

multiple sources confirming this is factually inaccurate. Ring Central has a problem processing these. i can't do business without text messaging and it is going on 2 months now since signing up for this service...

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us