News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
TCR registration asks for information that does not exist
Tags: sms and text messaging
Mar 7, 2023 at 2:03pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Tom Simchak

I am a sole practitioner. I do not have an EIN. The template that you have to fill in requires an EIN. I am not going to get an EIN just to make RC happy. And my plan is self-service only. No live person to speak to.

I'm getting very frustrated with RC to the point of pulling the plug and going elsewhere.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 3:44pm   •  0 likes

Not the answer I was looking for. :(

on Mar 8, 2023 at 3:45pm   •  0 likes

I'm sorry to hear that @Tom Simchak If I can answer additional questions, please feel free to pose them here or shoot us an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

on Mar 8, 2023 at 3:33pm   •  0 likes

rc-screen-shot.jpgBecky---I do not use the RC App. As I said, 99%+ of my messages go through what I believe to be the desktop app. I'm not sure what Ring Central Messaging is. This image is what I see when I message. I used the voice screen as the text screen has way too much to redact.

So, what am I using? RC Messaging or the desktop app?

Thanks for your time.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 3:41pm   •  0 likes

AH!
It doesn't appear that you're using the RingCentral App, but rather the RingCentral Phone App. Regardless, of whether you use it on your phone or desktop, you must register your business for SMS/text to send text messages.

on Mar 8, 2023 at 2:24pm   •  0 likes

Something to throw into the mix...99%+ of my messages are sent from my desktop. Which is not connected to a cell carrier. Does this new policy apply to that sort of usage, too?

on Mar 8, 2023 at 3:09pm   •  0 likes

@Tom Simchak If you are using the text function through the desktop app, it is still subject to the same carrier requirements.
If you are using RingCentral Messaging, that is not SMS or text and is not subject to the same carrier requirements.

on Mar 7, 2023 at 2:26pm   •  0 likes

@Tom Simchak Our recommendation for unregistered businesses is to get an EIN.
Our understanding is that other providers are taking a similar approach as the sole proprietor option is extremely limited and has additional oversight requirements.

We would recommend using RC Team Messaging or potentially other social messaging solutions like WhatsApp.
Happy to discuss this further - feel free to shoot us an email at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us