News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Setup Multiple Digital Lines or Extensions on One Phone
Tags: digital lines, extension
Mar 20, 2023 at 6:15pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Ken Nguyen

I have a Yealink T42S phone and it's currently registered as a Share Line. If someone calls the main number, all the phones that are registered in the Share Line will ring. I believe the Yealink phone can provision multiple SIPs. Is it possible to set up a second extension or a digital line using one of the available buttons on the phone?

Just to be clear, the second extension number I have is currently set up as a softphone using RingCentral App. I want 1 button for the main shared line and the second button for a personal extension.

on Mar 21, 2023 at 7:26am   •  0 likes

Hi Ken, this setup is not possible. Only one device can be set up on one Digital Line.

on Mar 21, 2023 at 3:33pm   •  0 likes

That's not true. What you're saying is a typical receptionist or an executive admin would have 5 phones on their desk if they have 5 lines that they're answering? This feature is quite common and can be done.

1 Answer
answered on Mar 21, 2023 at 4:02pm  

To do this we need to manually provision the phone.

1. Go to the Admin Web > Phone System > Phones & Devices > User Phones
  2. Choose the user and under Actions, click on the 3 vertical dots.
  3. Select Set Up and Provision
  4. Under select Device, choose Set up manually using SIP
  5. Select No for TLS unless your phone supports it and choose your Outbound Proxy Region closet to you
  6. Note all the details
  7. Next, follow this link to enter all the details in step 6 into the web interface of the Yealink Phone (https://support.ringcentral.com/article-v2/Manual-provisioning-Yealink-phones.html?brand=RC_US&product=RingCentral_MVP&language=en_US). Be sure to configure it on the right account. In my case, Account #1 is the main line and Account #2 is the second line
  8. Navigate to the Codec section on the left menu under the Account Tab. Make sure the "Enable Codecs" for Account #2 matches the main line in Account #1 and hit Confirm.
  9. Go to the DDS Key Tab of the Phone Web UI and select the following:
    1. Type: Line
    2. Value: Default
    3. Label: Whatever name you want to show up on the phone screen next to the button
    4. Line: Line 2
    5. Save/Confirm
  10. Reboot the phone and it should now show registered in both the Admin Web and the Phone Web UI.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us