News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Certificate Not Trusted
Tags: errors
May 10, 2023 at 7:08am   •   2 replies  •  1 likes
Thomas Campbell

Our employees keep getting a message that pops up saying that a certificate is not trusted. The certificate is issued by GoDaddy. Is their a reason we keep getting these messages? Is it safe to ignore them? Should we be clicking "Trust Anyway"?
The message says:

Untrusted Server Certificates

You attempted to access a server (rcm.ringcentral.com) with a certificate that is not trusted. Trusting this certificate may reveal your personal information to attackers.

Error code:-205

View Certificates (clickable text)

Then it gives us the option to "Don't Trust" in blue or "Trust Anyway" in white. We aren't sure what to do. We also use certificates on our website, but I think this is unrelated because when I click the "View Certificates" text it shows me a GoDaddy certificate assigned to RingCentral.

on Jun 22, 2023 at 7:35am   •  0 likes

One of the users in our environment is experiencing the same behavior. We installed a fresh version of RingCentral last week but the issue returned today.

on May 10, 2023 at 10:33am   •  0 likes

@Thomas Campbell, please ask your employee when does the message appears.

on May 10, 2023 at 12:38pm   •  1 likes

It most often appears when computers start up RingCentral for the first time, but I have heard some of our users say they walk away from their desk and when they come back it is there. It just happened to another one of our users, and it says "Zoom" at the top of the pop-up. Here's a screenshot of the pop-up. I can write the intricate details of what happens when you click "View Certificates" if you think that would be useful.

1683747266847.png

on May 10, 2023 at 2:57pm   •  0 likes

Can you please confirm if they are using an up-to-date program? Also, can you have them re-create the issue while getting a HAR file, so we can confirm what is triggerring it. Share it to us at Community.support@ringcentral.com.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us