News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Automatic Call Recording notification
Tags: call recording, admin portal, ringcentral app
Dec 21, 2021 at 8:39am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Raul Bretas

The users in my organization are becoming concerned after receiving these notification emails that states to the user "an administrator of your RingCentral phone system has turned on automatic call recording on your extension". My employee receives this notification at random and there is no audit log of this interaction. There is no way of turning off this email notification without turning off call recording for the user all together. The other option is to change all user email to one a single email. neither of the option or good enough, I need the employee to still receive email notification of their missed calls. My employee feels as if IT department are listening in on their calls and we need a solution to remove this notification completely or re-word the email in such a way that it doesn't villainize my department. We have been a RingCentral customer for 3 years with hundreds of users and we pay a lot of money for RingCentral services, and we feel as if this problem needs to be accommodated. RingCentral Q.PNG

on Aug 8, 2023 at 3:14pm   •  0 likes

Hi Mary,

Do we already have an update on this issue? I have a customer who also has the same concern.

Ven

on Dec 22, 2021 at 8:00am   •  0 likes

Hi Raul, we raised this concern already, but we have no updates yet. Would you mind adding your vote for this at https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/CUSTCOM-I-3434?

on Oct 13, 2023 at 10:55am   •  0 likes

We would also like this feature.

on Aug 11, 2023 at 5:05pm   •  0 likes

Why is this still just an IDEA ???

1 Answer
answered on Oct 24, 2023 at 2:36pm  

In the last two years that i posted this, i found my own solution to this problem. I took advantage of Microsoft 365 Security for my tenant. "https://security.microsoft.com/". From here i created a rule for the quarantined message to specifically quarantine the message that states, "Call Recording" and it's from RingCentral, basically. From there i can do whatever i need from with the email as a global admin. You can be more specific with your configuration, but my advice would be to explore your tenant or domain options. This won't work for everyone, but this did work for me. Hopefully this helps.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us