News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Why opening browser starting today??
Tags: ringcentral app
Mar 23, 2024 at 11:21am   •   10 replies  •  3 likes
FST

I saw someone else post this and no idea why the post was deleted???

Starting today everytime I get an inbound call on the app ring central opens a browser and tries to goto goole.com why?????

on Mar 26, 2024 at 9:18am   •  1 likes

Hi everyone! Kindly email us at Community.Support@RingCentral.com if the troubleshooting steps don't resolve your issue, and I'll forward it to our Product Engineers.

on Mar 26, 2024 at 8:30am   •  0 likes

Does anyone else think this is crazy and a huge security risk?

1) Allowing a website to open when a call comes in... and 2) that RingCentral "mistakenly" turned this on for multiple customers? All it takes is one disgruntled employee to turn this on for everyone and point it to a malicious website.

You can go here and vote for them to allow admins to toggle the Launch an external app... at a company level: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/forums/958493-phone-messaging/suggestions/48017498-ability-of-the-admin-to-configure-launch-an-exter

on Mar 26, 2024 at 7:06am   •  0 likes

3 of our users reported the same issues yesterday. RC for teams.

on Mar 25, 2024 at 10:09am   •  1 likes

We are having this same issue but we cannot find this setting because we are using ring central through teams. Does anyone know a solution for the teams ring central?

on Mar 25, 2024 at 12:33pm   •  0 likes

@Noah Mcdonald, I've reported your account as one of the affected.

on Mar 25, 2024 at 10:27am   •  2 likes

Currently talking to RC support and they do not seem to have a solution as of yet...

on Mar 25, 2024 at 12:24pm   •  0 likes

@Madison Coalson, is your issue with MS Teams?

on Mar 25, 2024 at 10:37am   •  1 likes

I just opened a case with RC Support, also. Hopefully they can figure this out.

on Mar 25, 2024 at 10:24am   •  1 likes

Same, RC for Teams here, and cannot find the setting. Let me know if you find it or find a solution. The users that are having this issue are not using, and do not have installed, the RC desktop app.

on Mar 25, 2024 at 12:34pm   •  0 likes

@James Turnbaugh_p, I reported your account since you're using Teams.

on Mar 25, 2024 at 6:27am   •  0 likes

It's happening to our company as well. Started last Friday for us. Will check the setting from FST and see if that fixes it

on Mar 25, 2024 at 7:19am   •  0 likes

Yah, that definitely fixed it for us. Not sure how it turned on either. And it wasn't everyone in our call center, but more than half

on Mar 25, 2024 at 11:29am   •  0 likes

Hi Thomas, we tried the instructions above, but couldn't get past step 2 as we could not find general setting under phone - could you please let us know how you resolved this issue?

on Mar 28, 2024 at 1:08pm   •  0 likes

Sorry for not responding sooner but go to "Settings", then "Phone", then scroll all the way down and turn off the "Launch an external app or website for incoming calls" setting

on Mar 25, 2024 at 12:10pm   •  0 likes

Hello Everyone, we apologize for the inconvenience.

During the testing of a Feature Flag Control for a feature developed for a specific customer, the Launch an external app (or website) setting was accidentally enabled for some customers. This setting was enabled for a small set of customers with the URL set to "www.google.com". As a result, for those customers in this small pool who had enabled this setting with a specific URL/application configured, it would've been overwritten with "www.google.com".

How to fix it:

1. For RingCentral app users who do not want this setting enabled:
    1. Go to Jupiter Settings -> Phone -> turn off Launch an external app or website for incoming calls (See Figure 1)
  2. For RingCentral users who had the URL altered:
    1. Go to Jupiter Settings -> Phone -> Manage (for launching an external app or website for incoming calls) and make the change in the “Enter command” field.
  3. For MS Teams users: Please comment here so that I can collect your data, and report it to the appropriate team for resolution.
on Mar 26, 2024 at 7:36am   •  1 likes

(Commenting as requested) We only use the MS Teams integration and it is happening for all our users. Please notify us when a fix is available.

on Mar 26, 2024 at 12:09pm   •  0 likes

Hi, are using the MS Teams integration as well and having this happen.

on Mar 26, 2024 at 5:04am   •  0 likes

I’ve got users with this problem. We use MS Teams and this fix didnt help.

on Mar 25, 2024 at 3:56pm   •  0 likes

Our site is using Teams and having the same issues as well....Really inconvenient to have those tabs open for every single call

on Mar 25, 2024 at 1:29pm   •  0 likes

We are using teams and haven't been able to figure it out yet.

on Mar 25, 2024 at 2:07pm   •  0 likes

@Noah Mcdonald, I have already reported this issue to our Product Engineers Team. There's no need for you to take any action at this point. I will keep you informed as soon as I receive any updates from them.

on Mar 25, 2024 at 12:44pm   •  0 likes

This did not work for me - the option for launch wasn't enabled so I enabled it and disabled it and I still get a tab opening with goole.com every time the phone rings which prevents you from typing ect any other remedies I could try?

on Mar 25, 2024 at 12:54pm   •  1 likes

Are you using RingCentral of MS Teams?

on Mar 25, 2024 at 1:00pm   •  0 likes

No, we are not using teams

on Mar 25, 2024 at 2:04pm   •  0 likes

@Jonathan Massey, I am currently coordinating this with our Product Engineers, and they are asking for your app logs. Please send it to us at Community.Support@RingCentral.com.

on Mar 26, 2024 at 1:15pm   •  0 likes

I sent an email with the issue to community support - how do I access app logs?

on Mar 23, 2024 at 4:25pm   •  4 likes
Enabling the launching of external apps or URLs for incoming calls
  • In the RingCentral desktop or web app, click. Settings. ...
  • Go to. Phone > General. ...
  • Next to Launch an external app or website for incoming calls, slide the toggle to enable. The. ...
  • Click the. Launch an external app or website when. ...
  • Enter a URL in the. ...

I found out why its happening, but I have no idea why this is automatically been turned on ???? this should never been force enabled

on Mar 25, 2024 at 11:28am   •  0 likes

Hello - we are having the same exact problem, but when we try to follow the instructions we can't find a general setting for phone and it appears some of the instructions are missing - could you or anyone else please clarify these instructions for us? Thanks in advance

on Mar 25, 2024 at 10:09am   •  0 likes

We are having this same issue but we cannot find this setting because we are using ring central through teams. Does anyone know a solution for the teams ring central?

on Mar 25, 2024 at 6:19am   •  0 likes

Any comment from RC on this? Happening for our users too and we have that setting disabled.

on Mar 25, 2024 at 8:42am   •  0 likes

Same here - we have just a few people impacted and turning this setting off did not fix.

2 Answers
answered on Mar 27, 2024 at 10:33am  

Hey, Team!
I have connected with the engineering team and they have confirmed that this issue is resolved.
The app should auto-update, but please make sure you and your teams are on the latest version of the app.

If you are still experiencing issues, please create a case with Support, as your issue should be tracked internally for any other broad concerns.

And as always, please reach out here in the Community or via our Community Inbox for support!

answered on Mar 25, 2024 at 11:39am  

Hi everyone! Thank you for reporting this issue. I have taken immediate action and reported it for review. Rest assured, I will follow up on this matter and provide you with the necessary feedback as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us