News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Mobile App: How to Warm Transfer on the RC mobile app?
Tags: softphone, mobile
Jun 10, 2016 at 10:54am   •   9 replies  •  0 likes
Bryan P

I can't seem to find a way to do a "Warm Transfer" to another employee when I receive a call. I need to be able to talk to the employee I will transfer the call to first before I actually transfer the call. On the mobile app there is no way to do this, and on the desktop app there is a button but for some reason it isn't letting me press it! Please Please let there be a warm transfer option on the mobile app and let it work on the desktop app.

Thank you

7 Answers
answered on Feb 13, 2019 at 9:56am  
I have tried doing a warm transfer by these instructions and it doesn't work - it is a blind transfer.  You refer to an article above but I don't see the article to read or understand what settings to change. I need to use the mobile app to make a warm transfer to a number outside my office.  Can someone help?

answered on Apr 12, 2017 at 10:56am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I would like to consultative transfer to people outside my ring central users. I would like to consultative transfer to people outside my ring central users from the android mobile app

answered on Dec 9, 2016 at 8:07am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled warm transfer from mobile application. I want to do a warm transfer from the mobile phone app

answered on Jun 13, 2016 at 12:49pm  
It would be nice if I didnt have to input my company's phone number again when I am trying to do a warm transfer. It would be best if i could just put in the extension of my coworker.

answered on Jun 10, 2016 at 12:02pm  
I also try to do a warm transfer on the desktop app, and I see the button, but it is gray and it will only let me do a blind call transfer.

answered on Jun 10, 2016 at 11:59am  
Where can I find the Quick Dial Numbers of other employees? Is that the same as their extensions? Also, I tried doing your "Note" and it transferred the call, but it did not do a Warm Transfer. I need to be able to talk to a fellow employee while the customer is on hold, and then just hang up and the new employee is on the call.

answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 7:30pm  
Hello Bryan, 

Try the follow the steps below.
 Step 1:  To transfer a call to another phone number,  press ## to place the call on hold, then press * + 1 + Quick Dial number + #. 

NOTE:  You can also use ## + extension + # in transferring calls to an extension.

Step 2:  The call will now be transferred.  You can remain on the line to introduce your transferred caller to the next number.

Step 3:  Hang up anytime to complete the transfer or press ** to cancel the transfer.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us