News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
My Ring Central Profile Picture Does not mach my meeting picture.
Tags: update profile
Sep 8, 2020 at 2:38pm   •   6 replies  •  3 likes
dallas-gilmore

So I updated my profile picture on the Ring Central Desk Top app but it's not updating inside of a meeting. Is there a way to update the picture that shows in a meeting when hiding video? I either need our official company picture or non at all. This is very important for my new job.

on Sep 17, 2020 at 4:08pm   •  3 likes

Hello, multiple people in my organization are experiencing this exact same issue. Profile Picture is updated within seconds for RingCentral App. However, it was not updated in the RingCentral Meeting App. I've tried multiple times and on different devices without any success. Please correct ASAP.

Thank you,

Juan

on Oct 16, 2020 at 7:23am   •  3 likes

Has this issue been corrected yet? I need to change my picture!!! Why is this so difficult?!

on Sep 17, 2020 at 11:01am   •  3 likes

I have this same issue. I have tried all of the fixes and workarounds noted above with no luck. Please help RingCentral!

on Sep 9, 2020 at 9:15am   •  0 likes

Hello Dallas, apologies! Can you try to uninstall the app and reinstall it? Thanks!

on Dec 17, 2020 at 11:45am   •  0 likes

That doesn't work (uninstalling and reinstalling ).

on Dec 17, 2020 at 8:17am   •  0 likes

Reinstalling did not work for me either.

on Oct 5, 2020 at 8:18am   •  0 likes

Hello Jen, is there any updates / is RingCentral scheduled a fix? I've started a new job and really need to update my picture...

1 Answer
answered on Dec 17, 2020 at 12:50pm  

Hey, Team!
Please refer to this Knowledge Base article:
https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Profile-Picture-Does-Not-Update-RingCentral-Meetings.html
If this does not resolve the issue, I would recommend connecting with Support so they can troubleshoot and escalate to the product team.

Thanks!

answered on Sep 17, 2020 at 4:56pm  

Hi @Juan Alfaro, @Adam Wells, @dallas-gilmore,

I have been wrestling with this issue too. I have found a workaround for this problem.

a) Download and install "Zoom" on your mobile or PC.
b) Setup your Zoom profile.
c) Once you are logged into the app, go to "settings", edit your profile, and add your profile picture.
d) Zoom and Ring Central Meetings are compatible. Meaning you can start a zoom meeting and people using ring central meetings can join it. Or vice versa you can use Zoom to Join a Ring Central Meeting.

You'll see that when you are in a meeting with your "Zoom" Profile it will show the zoom profile picture.

Anyway hopefully you guys find this helpful in the meantime.

on Dec 17, 2020 at 11:46am   •  0 likes

Thank you, but this is not appropriate for all workplaces (bummer!) My work place exclusively uses Ring Central - I need the picture updated in the Ring Central ... I thought they fixed this in November, but i tried their Nov 2020 solution and it didn't work :(

on Dec 17, 2020 at 12:43pm   •  0 likes
on Dec 17, 2020 at 12:51pm   •  0 likes

Hi Jessica, thank you. Yes, I did those steps- and it only works on my mobile phone, but it does NOT work on my laptop, and unfortunately, I mostly use Ring Central for my job - which means through my laptop. So no, this didn't work

on Dec 17, 2020 at 1:00pm   •  0 likes

Actually - it didn't even work on my phone. It updated my pic on the mobile Ring Central app, but i stayed in the call for 30 minutes and my picture never updated. Grr. This is so frustrating

on Dec 17, 2020 at 1:12pm   •  0 likes

@marianagomez Please reach out to Support directly. They can troubleshoot and escalate as needed.

on Dec 17, 2020 at 1:24pm   •  0 likes

Thank you! This finally worked.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us