News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
MacOS Security update 2020-002 freezes Meetings
Tags: meetings
Mar 26, 2020 at 10:16am   •   12 replies  •  0 likes
kyle-van-de-kamp

We have had ~80 users who updated MacOS Security update 2020-002. Now whenever they attend a meeting with RC Meetings app, the app crashes and the computer shuts down.

It might just be a correlation but the evidence seems consistent with the update breaking RC Meetings.

We've blocked the update for the rest of our users, but MacOS does not let you roll back. Is there an update for RC Meetings in the pipeline to address this? Has anybody else seen this? Ticket #10500087

on Apr 6, 2020 at 8:17am   •  0 likes
Actually this problem is specific to 13" 2015 MacBook Pros in our Environment.  We have had 5 users report it, and all 5 are using 13" 2015 Macbook Pros.  The error in the logs say Graphics Hardware was Reset.  Intel Iris Pro 6100.

We have various other hardware configs including 2015 15" Macbook pros which do not encounter the issue.
on Mar 27, 2020 at 10:12am   •  0 likes
Kyle - if you have an account rep or CSM, I would suggest escalating there as well. I have not hear anything definitive on my ticket yet either, but have alerted our CSM. Our testing seems to indicate Catalina is not impacted, but we also cannot mass deploy Catalina until later this summer until we complete some hardware upgrades peripherals that are not Catalina compliant.
on Mar 27, 2020 at 8:45am   •  0 likes
I've had to hang up after being on hold for an hour as this issue has escalated for us . I am test upgrading a machine with this problem to Catalina to see if that resolves anything, even though that is not a scalable solution for us at this time.
on Apr 30, 2020 at 9:11am   •  0 likes
Our Apple Senior Engineer just emailed me saying that:
MacOS 10.15.5 Beta 3 release includes a fix for this issue if youd like to test it out (you can access the beta using your Managed Apple ID through AppleSeed at  appleseed.apple.com). 
on Mar 26, 2020 at 12:25pm   •  1 likes
We are also starting to get reports of this from several of our users as well. Can confirm everyone that is reporting the issue has had the 2020-002 applied. I have an open ticket from yesterday, but will update and reference yours as well. 
on Apr 23, 2020 at 10:49am   •  0 likes
RingCentral Meetings released an updated client yesterday. We're in process of testing to see if this fixes the issue.
on Apr 6, 2020 at 8:39am   •  0 likes
See here for some good information on what models have been shown to be impacted so far as well as the scope of the issue. 

https://mrmacintosh.com/2020-002-update-causes-some-macs-to-freeze-when-using-video-conf-apps/

I am hearing rumors that while this is an Apple issue, various vendors can potentially work around it. I have not been able to test, but I have head that the latest Zoom update (4.6.9) has not crashed. Hoping that any positive changes Zoom made will make it to the RingCentral Meetings app soon so we can test on our end.
on Mar 27, 2020 at 7:35am   •  1 likes
The response on my ticket told me to uninstall and reinstall the software.. I've done that 60 times already. Was hoping to get a more confident response while we leave a large number of students unable to learn.
on Mar 26, 2020 at 12:32pm   •  0 likes
Thank you, I am happy that this is not isolated to us. I have a ticket open with Apple Enterprise Services as well. I have also tried the RingCentral Meetings version 19.4.151920.1217 (the logging version that support uses) which did not resolve the issue either. All of our users are on 10.14.4-6 Mojave, are any of your users on Catalina? 
on Apr 30, 2020 at 9:27am   •  0 likes
I received that news as well. Unfortunately we have a number of impacted devices that are on 10.13.6 that can not yet be upgraded to Catalina until a 3rd party hardware vendor fixes an outstanding 64-bit compatibility issue. We're hoping that a fix for 10.13 and 10.14 will be coming from Apple as well.
on Mar 28, 2020 at 11:16pm   •  1 likes
Contacted our account rep, the case was escalated, and they appear to be currently investigating. I also can confirm now that this is not an issue if you upgrade to Catalina. Unfortunately we cannot upgrade any users to Catalina.
on Mar 26, 2020 at 1:07pm   •  0 likes
Hello Kyle,

Apologies, I will send a follow-up email to the owner of your case and please continue working with them. 

Thanks! 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us