News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Is it possible to activate integrated calling on an Android phone?
Tags: android app
Dec 2, 2020 at 11:22am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
Rob Corey

I'm a new Ring Central user and just discovered that when I'm on a RingCentral call (using the mobile app) and a call comes into my direct cell phone number it automatically puts the RingCentral call on hold.

This is obviously very annoying and disruptive. Is there a solution? I'm using a Google Pixel 4

on Dec 22, 2020 at 6:38am   •  0 likes

The attached screenshot shows what options I've got when I scroll to the bottom as you suggest. There is no option for turning on integrated calling. So far I'm really not enjoying the RingCentral mobile app!Screenshot_20201222-103429.png

on Dec 22, 2020 at 8:59am   •  0 likes

@Rob Corey I've reached out to the Product Team to determine why you might not be seeing this.
Hang tough and I work to get some answers.

on Oct 7, 2021 at 2:34pm   •  0 likes

My mobile app is the same as the screenshot that was posted above. Is there an update for Integrated Calling on Android phones?

on Oct 7, 2021 at 4:14pm   •  0 likes

Ananda,
If you're seeing the same thing, I might recommend a call into Support. I am working with the Knowledge Base team to see if we have any documentation on this feature.

on Oct 11, 2021 at 3:21pm   •  0 likes

My mobile app is the same as the screenshot that was posted above. Is there an update for Integrated Calling on Android phones?

on Oct 13, 2021 at 9:50am   •  0 likes

@Ananda Holman I'm trying to dig into this. I don't have an Android so I'm digging around with my colleagues.
I forgot to ask earlier, but are you on the most recent updated version of the app?
In the meantime, I'll keep looking into this...

on Jan 11, 2022 at 5:25pm   •  0 likes

Any updates here? I'm having a similar problem on Android. When I'm on client calls and my regular mobile # rings, I completely lose audio, even after dismissing the incoming call, and I have to toggle Bluetooth to reconnect to my headset even though RC app shows Bluetooth connected. It completely botches my call and I look like an idiot. Our IT person has been trying to reach support on this for weeks and no response.

on Jan 12, 2022 at 7:36am   •  0 likes

Hello @blowry74, I checked on your company's account but I do not see an open case regarding this issue. Would you please create one on your end? You can open a ticket here.

on Dec 3, 2020 at 11:48am   •  0 likes

That article shows an app that looks different from the one we're using. There is no option for activating integrated calling on Android or iOS.

on Dec 18, 2020 at 7:59am   •  0 likes

@Rob Corey I am using the RingCentral App and was able to locate integrated calling by clicking on my profile image in the upper left-hand corner, selecting phone under Settings, and scrolling to the bottom.

If you aren't seeing this, can you please share some screenshots so we can see what you're experiencing?

on Dec 2, 2020 at 10:08pm   •  0 likes

"RingCentral calls will be interrupted by incoming mobile calls when Integrated Calling is disabled. "

Check here how to manage integrated calling:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/10693-RingCentral-Phone-Mobile-App-Managing-Integrated-Calling.html

and here

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us