News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How do I auto send calls to Voicemail when I'm on another call?
Tags: voicemails
Jan 13, 2021 at 2:08pm   •   4 replies  •  1 likes
Kelsi Rakevet

I do training calls and when I'm on these calls I don't want to be interrupted by other calls coming in. How do I auto send calls to voicemail when I'm already on a call? I use the mobile app on a tablet exclusively.

on Jan 16, 2021 at 11:40am   •  1 likes

Is there an automatic setting so that when I am in a meeting incoming calls will go AUTOMATICALLY to voice mail so I don't have to use the DND?

on Jan 25, 2021 at 10:09am   •  1 likes

Wendy, is there anyway to do this automatically? I may not always remember to do this.

2 Answers
answered on Aug 24, 2023 at 9:15am  

This is a pretty standard feature in most phone systems (sending calls to VM automatically when on another call). It's not really practical to have to turn DND on and off every few minutes all day. Please move this feature to the top of the developer list!

answered on Jan 13, 2021 at 2:23pm  

Good afternoon Kelsi,

You can select BUSY (or DND // Do Not Disturb) as your availability in the top right corner of the desktop app. This will activate your calls going directly to your VM.

Give it a try. Feel free to let me know how it works out for you!

Wendy

on Aug 25, 2023 at 10:19am   •  0 likes

Wendy,

The majority of our staff use desk phones. Having to access the app each time they want to make a call doesn't seem to be very efficient. What options do we have? Putting the desk phone on DND still allows the call to ring through.

Why is it that when you put your desk phone on DND the status isn't pushed to the app?

Thank you

on Jan 7, 2022 at 7:46am   •  1 likes

I believe a feature that can be set up on each persons line would be helpful where they can send calls to VM if they are on a call.

on Jul 1, 2021 at 8:48am   •  2 likes

Would be really useful to our ContactCenter folks if we could set their extension to only accept one call and forward additional calls to voicemail. That would stop all of the interruptions, and they wouldn't need to remember to turn on and off the DND or Busy buttons.

on Jan 13, 2021 at 2:27pm   •  0 likes

You're the best, Wendy!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us