News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
We want to share contacts to all company users
Tags: contacts
Aug 11, 2020 at 5:49pm   •   12 replies  •  12 likes
clint-tate

Our users add contacts to the phone app but it would be very helpful to share these as they are our customers details. Like a Global address list

on Oct 31, 2022 at 8:27am   •  0 likes

According to the moderator, this feature has been "being considered by [your] Product Team" since August 12, 2020 -- it is now October 31, 2022... This feature would be very useful. I have used about 5 different VPBX systems (at various companies) since 2015 and this has been a par-level feature of them all... since 2015... Any update on this feature?

on Oct 31, 2022 at 10:55am   •  0 likes

No updates at this time, but we encourage you to leave your vote on the idea and share your use case. The more votes and use case information we have, the more we can make a case for features like this one with our product team.
https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-51

on Nov 7, 2022 at 12:18pm   •  0 likes

Why bother? There are 717 votes for this... They span back to 2020. So that means that this is going on 3 years for this feature request...

I know that there are limited things that you can do about it… But please forward this to whoever is in charge of that wheelhouse:

Development Team,

Are you guys really going to leave Becky and their team in the trenches with no updates for 2 years with your whole community waiting for such rudimentary functionality? This is not rocket science! Do you all have any idea how far ahead of RingCentral this puts its competition? Does anyone care about threads like this?

I would definitely call this an "outstanding" request... Wouldn't ya say?

on Nov 9, 2022 at 8:20am   •  0 likes

My advice is to go find another product, I know that we will be soon - after 6 years of asking for this feature and for the simple ability to refuse a queue call without it being re-presented to you again 3 seconds later.

I have gone through all the proper channels and had countless calls with my account manager, posted here, campaigned for Mary and Becky to chase this through and encouraged everyone to vote and it has got absolutely nowhere.

Sorry but the only conclusion is that they just are not interested and have no intention of fixing these issues.

Even when they announced a feature to synchronise the Global address list - they screwed that one up and filtered out contact records! and again when I have pointed this out over a year ago, they have not fixed that either - and this would only take 60 seconds to update this bit of code, but still it has not been done.

No doubt this comment will get hidden by the community moderators because it is negative in tone - but I think that people should know the truth.

on Nov 7, 2022 at 2:20pm   •  0 likes

Thanks for your advocacy, @Stephen Simmons :)
My team is used to fielding these kinds of issues/questions.
I will share your feelings with the product team about this feature.

on Dec 26, 2021 at 3:44am   •  0 likes

Hi @clint-tate , @Autumn Ryder, @Scott Bates , @patrick-fitzgerald1 , @Haley Simon , @Gina Jones

Maybe this support article to share contacts across ring central users may help you.

But it requires that all users have a Gmail / Google Workspace / G Suite account.

@Mary-Community_Moderator & @Becky-Community_Manager , can we have a chat some time to introduce our integration between Shared Contacts and RingCentral?

on Dec 27, 2021 at 8:30am   •  1 likes

Hello @stefnewland, the link you provided is not available. For Integrations, you may contact Integrations Team from this website, https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/

on Aug 12, 2020 at 7:33am   •  4 likes

Hi Clint,

Thank you for submitting your idea. As of now, this is currently being considered by our Product Team. We will update you soon once this is available.

on Sep 3, 2021 at 11:20am   •  0 likes

Mary has this been added yet?

on Mar 4, 2021 at 5:18am   •  0 likes

This is basics of phone system which has been completely overlooked

on Mar 4, 2021 at 7:58am   •  0 likes

@Zia Raza, I completely agree with you on that.

on Apr 16, 2021 at 1:25pm   •  0 likes

Crazy that this isn't available

on Oct 29, 2021 at 7:15am   •  0 likes

465 votes and over 5 years on since the first time this was asked for - and still only "under consideration" - not even planned!

on Feb 24, 2021 at 7:07am   •  0 likes

We need this too ! Shocked to find out such a basic function is missing (and is not even available as an add-on!)

on Feb 24, 2021 at 7:03am   •  1 likes

Yes! Please add this!

on Aug 24, 2020 at 1:33pm   •  0 likes

Agree 100%. A global/shared contact list would be extremely beneficial! Thanks

on Feb 16, 2021 at 8:33am   •  0 likes

Cannot believe such a basic feature is missing, it's not even something I considered checking before signing up.. I wonder how other vendors manage this function

on Jan 29, 2021 at 1:15pm   •  0 likes

We absolutely need a shared contact list!

on Feb 1, 2021 at 7:15am   •  0 likes

Hi @Gina Jones, this feature is already under consideration, You may vote for this feature here.

on Oct 16, 2020 at 8:11am   •  1 likes

Please please PLEASE!! We just got out phones and there is no way to find the time to manually enter all of our companies contacts to three phones(or more if we get more employees)! Contacts should be able to be added from the admin portal or just the desktop app and send them to ALL phones! Please!!

on Oct 21, 2020 at 8:10am   •  0 likes

Hey, @Haley Simon - you can vote on this feature here in our Ideas Portal.

1 Answer
answered on Feb 24, 2021 at 7:34am  

Hi Everyone, please vote for this feature in our Ideas Portal. Go to https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-51

on Mar 31, 2022 at 2:24pm   •  0 likes

I cannot believe this isn't a feature yet... Is there any update on the timeline of this feature? It seems so incredibly simple and basic and the fact that people have been asking for this for years without any kind of resolution is really disappointing. I expected a lot more from RingCentral, I suppose I will start searching for a new phone service for our company if Ring Central isn't going to implement this anytime soon.

on Jan 4, 2022 at 1:21am   •  1 likes

nearly 500 votes and 6 years on from the original request and still this request falls on deaf ears - Sorry but I am not sure that you have any intention of ever delivering this facility for your customers and also I think you are probably the only VOIP platform in the world without a centralised contacts directory.

on Jan 4, 2022 at 9:59am   •  0 likes

We know a lot of you are waiting for this feature. We will update this thread once we hear news regarding this.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us