News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Maybe I'm missing something- Where is the HUD in the new Ringcentral App?
Tags: hud, softphone
Sep 22, 2020 at 6:34pm   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
brandon-scivolette

My company has been using RC for ~10 years, and we've had a HUD via the RC 'Phone App' for 5 of those. We've come to rely on the HUD as a visual insight into the status of other users, who's tied up on a call, who's on lunch, etc. Frankly, it might be the feature we value the most in the app.

For a long time now I have been watching RC's progress with the new app, waiting for it to be fully functional before I considered migrating my users. This evening I downloaded the new (desktop) app to evaluate it and, much to my shock and surprise, it doesn't appear that this app has a HUD. I just can't imagine this to be true, though, so I am hoping that I've missed a setting somewhere and that it can be turned on? Can anyone shed some light on this mystery for me?

PS: I read a ton of documentation before posting this. And while I can likely infer that the HUD is not included in this app, I was unable to confirm this since the documentation for the new app didn't mention anything about it. I would guess that, given how many people will migrate to the new app from the old one that this must be a common question?

on Sep 23, 2020 at 6:04am   •  2 likes

Hello Brandon, we are still working on HUD in the new Unified RingCentral App. It will be released in 2021. Thanks for your patience.

on Jul 21, 2021 at 2:29pm   •  0 likes

Is there any update on this? We've recently moved to the new app but the lack of HUD is really causing some pain points in our business.

on Jan 25, 2021 at 12:42pm   •  0 likes

Today is January 25, 2021 - is the HUD on your new app?

on Sep 23, 2020 at 9:31am   •  -1 likes

Awesome! I'm just happy to hear that it's a planned feature. I was more than a little concerned that it was going to be depreciated.

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.

on Feb 19, 2021 at 7:14am   •  0 likes

Its 2021. We are waiting. This is an important issue. I have all my people on the old app. but every now an then they forget an say yes to an upgrade. That wastes my time with an uninstall of the new and reinstall of the old. Please, please, we are all waiting.

on Jul 23, 2021 at 6:01am   •  0 likes

THis is unacceptable. After many years with RC, we are about to change vendors if this HUD issue is not resolved.

This is unacceptable. We are about to change vendors after many years, if this is not immediately forthcoming.

on Mar 18, 2021 at 5:51am   •  0 likes

We just upgraded and are very disappointed in the lack of a HUD. I will be monitoring this page for updates.

on Mar 9, 2021 at 8:57am   •  0 likes

Please define 'soon'......I suspect that was a typo, needs corrected to "we expect to see it sometime in the 21st century"

on Feb 10, 2021 at 2:41pm   •  -1 likes

I 100% agree with this. HUD is a lifeline in my organization. We were just upgraded to the new desktop app this week and I'm very disappointed that this useful tool is missing.

on Dec 10, 2020 at 11:41am   •  0 likes

Is this active yet? I cannot find it on the new RC app I had to download for a new computer set up.

on Dec 10, 2020 at 12:57pm   •  0 likes

Yes, @Curt DeWeese, as Anirban said, the product team is working on this now. Please stay tuned. We'll be sure to update the Community when this has been implemented.

on Jan 25, 2021 at 12:41pm   •  0 likes

Today is January 25th 2021. Is the HUD feature available?

on Dec 10, 2020 at 12:21pm   •  0 likes

@Curt DeWeese The idea is in planned stage here:

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/DPW-I-20

Maybe soon get implemented

1 Answer
answered on Jul 23, 2021 at 7:26am  

HUD is available. You can find details about it in the Desktop app/web version here: https://support.ringcentral.com/app/phone/desktop-web/enabling-hud-ringcentral-app-desktop-web.html

If we can answer other questions, please reach out to us via the Community or at Community.Support@RingCentral.com

answered on Jul 23, 2021 at 7:41am  

Hi everyone, I apologize for not updating this thread. HUD is already available in the new RingCentral App. Learn more about the feature at https://support.ringcentral.com/app/phone/desktop-web/enabling-hud-ringcentral-app-desktop-web.html.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us