News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Ignore button
Tags: call queues
Sep 7, 2016 at 11:20am   •   2 replies  •  1 likes
shane.benitz
(I saw a previous post like this that did not get resolved but am in need of an immediate solution so started a new post) Our call queues are set up to ring to several desktop computer apps as well as several cell phones as simultaneously. When I call comes in, and a team member wants to Ignore the call, the system will immediately ring their line again, effectively making the Ignore button useless. I would like the functionality to have the Ignore button take one out of the call queues that that incoming call, and not ring my extension again. This is different that changing my status to Busy/Do Not Accept Calls, as I want to be able to pass on calls, but without taking myself out of the call queue all together. The Ignore button should allow me to ignore a specific call, without the system continuously ringing my extension.
on Sep 7, 2016 at 1:29pm   •  1 likes
The cell phones are using the mobile app. For instance,...on my phone within the app...I have the 'then forward calls to' turned off for home, mobile and work. Is this what you are asking? The others are set the same way. I am not exactly sure where to look for the Ext (queue) number. Can you please direct me there so I can get you that info? I am new to RC so perhaps these are settings...I hope so!
on Sep 7, 2016 at 1:21pm   •  0 likes
I'd like to take a look at your queue setup.  What is the Ext (queue) Number?

Also the users who are taking calls on their cell phones, are they using the RingCentral Mobile App, or is the call being forwarded to their cell phone carrier.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us