News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Time Zone default on meetings invitation
Tags: ringcentral app, ringcentral app, ringcentral app
May 18, 2021 at 8:14am   •   5 replies  •  1 likes
robin12

When I schedule a video meeting on the new Desktop App, it defaults to UTC-05:00 America/Bogata.

Is there a way for it to template to UTC-5:00 US/Eastern? It is ridiculous that I have to change the time zone every time I set up a meeting.

on Jul 22, 2021 at 10:34am   •  0 likes

@shannon-maggs Ring Central is saying it is a new feature, and we need to wait until sometime later this year for it to be ready.

I have a similar challenge, and needing to constantly remember to change the time zone is frustrating.

on Jul 21, 2021 at 6:37pm   •  1 likes

@Mary-Community_Moderator I submitted a ticket for this issue. I submitted my ticket on July 9 - 13153542 , and have received no response.

on Jul 19, 2021 at 3:04pm   •  0 likes

I'm following this - we are having this same issue and my CEO is beyond frustrated.

on Jul 20, 2021 at 8:08am   •  0 likes

Hi @shannon-maggs, this should pull from your computer's settings. If it's not, we'd suggest opening a case in the event that there is a bug. This helps our engineers and product teams do some troubleshooting to identify if there is indeed an issue. Feel free to shoot us an email with your case number, and we'll keep our eye on it for you.

on Jul 22, 2021 at 8:58am   •  0 likes

No, it's not pulling from the computer settings because they are set correctly. I see someone else submitted a case just this month too. I'll open one as well.

on Jul 22, 2021 at 9:59am   •  0 likes

Hi @shannon-maggs, I just got an update from the Product Team. They already plan to release an option to remember the last used timezone. It will be available this year. I will get more information once an ETA is available.

on Jul 22, 2021 at 10:17am   •  0 likes

Thanks for your reply. So does that mean it's a bug? I was about to enter the case with screenshots and everything, so let me know if I should still do that. What seems to be happening in our case is that it's defaulting to what LOOKS like it will be right (it's defaulting to one of the 3 available options for UTC-05:00) but it's defaulting to the first one in the list of three of them, which is UTC-05:00 America/Bogota. It should be using UTC-05:00 US/Eastern, which is 2nd in the list. While it may not seem like an issue because they look like they'll be the same "time", it is an issue because America/Bogota must not use Daylight Savings Time. When you bring up the actual calendar invite once it's generated, the time of the meeting in the calendar is actually an hour off because of that. So it has to default to the exact right one to work correctly at all times of the year. I hope I'm explaining clearly and that this may help your team.

on Sep 20, 2021 at 12:24pm   •  0 likes

Same issue here. This time zone setting should be tied to the main time zone setting for the Phone side of things. This is set through the global user settings and the end user doesn't need to worry about it. As the administrator, it's frustrating to have to inform users of errors like this as it decreases confidence and increases frustration in the product. This should be a global setting that the administrator takes care of for users. Relying on everyone picking the correct one when they first schedule a meeting is a bad work-around.

on May 18, 2021 at 12:55pm   •  0 likes

@robin12, is this for RingCentral Video or RingCentral Meetings?

on May 19, 2021 at 6:58am   •  1 likes

Looks to be RingCental Video Meetings. This is when I try to schedule from the new Desktop App.

1621432641684.png

on May 19, 2021 at 7:49am   •  0 likes

Thanks for clarifying. It shows on your screenshot that it is for RingCentral Meetings. Let me confirm this with the Product Team, and I'll get back to you on this.

on Jul 22, 2021 at 8:57am   •  0 likes

Actually, I believe that is Ring Central Video, not Ring Central Meetings.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us