News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Avoid Fax Notifications on Desk Phone.
Tags: fax notifications
Jun 2, 2021 at 11:09am   •   2 replies  •  1 likes
Haydee FrontDesk1

Our team is getting overwhelmed when they receive a fax notification on their "Desk" phones. We know we can change the notifications to mark it as "read" in Ringcentral Inbox but how to avoid getting any FAX notification on Desk phone? We are fine with just Email notification.

on Jun 13, 2023 at 3:25pm   •  0 likes

I am having the same issue. Its ridiculous because we get between 50-80 faxes a day and my yealink wireless phone cannot be filling up every 2-3 days. Something must be done from the engineering team where it gives us the option to disable this if we want! How can I escalate this to the engineering team to work on it fast. I get tired of having 40-50 voicemail messages on my phone. And in between the those messages, we have real messages that patients leave us so I have to comb through every single message to filter out real messages from these notifications of faxes. This is CRAZY!!

on Jun 14, 2023 at 10:54am   •  0 likes

I could be wrong but I believe this could be resolved by creating a separate box for the faxes to go through. You could still setup fax notifications within this second box but they would not be stored in the same bucket as the voicemails which is what is causing the frustration. I believe RC support should be able to configure something like this for you

on Jun 2, 2021 at 1:02pm   •  0 likes

Though not sure but have tried the following:

1622663927987.png

In your online portal account, under Notification section of user, you will have the option to select Notification with email and not selecting any other option will avoid other notification type. example deselect notification by SMS. That might help you.

Have you tried that?

on Jun 13, 2023 at 3:26pm   •  0 likes

I tried this and it doesn't work

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us