News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Four receptionist then answering service after X number of seconds
Tags: presence, call forwarding
Jul 17, 2020 at 9:56am   •   7 replies  •  1 likes
marcus-mann
I have four receptionists that answer our main line.  I need them to be able to see the presence of the other receptionist's extensions and be able to forward to an answering service if the call is missed.  What is a good solution to make this happen?
on Jul 17, 2020 at 11:00am   •  1 likes
You need visibility of all users?  How many users do you have?  What type of device are the receptionists using?  I would recommend your receptionists using the RC phone app (not RC app) so they can use the HUD feature to be able to add/see all users.  Have you thought about switching the ring group to a call queue for the 4 receptionists?  This would show them as busy on the presence.  The difference is that a ring group rings a person's device whereas a call queue ring's a person's extension.
on Jun 13, 2021 at 5:11pm   •  0 likes

I still recommend the RC Phone app as well. I know RingCentral is trying to get the most of out of their Glip investment, but none of my clients care about the bells and whistles you get with the RingCentral app for Windows.

on Jun 14, 2021 at 4:50pm   •  0 likes

The way we have it going out from a call queue to an external line, is at the end end of the time period, it goes to a specific extension - that extension then has the Custom Rule to send to the external number.

We also have one extension that goes to 4 physical phones at the same time - just added the phones under the same extension - and in the call queue to ring at the same time. That way if anyone calls the one extension (not from the IVR but directly) - all four phones still ring at the same time. The VM email goes to a distrib group so they all see the VM.

As far as presence... yeah - RC has a ways to go on that. The HUD is the closest thing at the moment.

Let me know if you want screen shots.

on Jun 15, 2021 at 5:51am   •  0 likes

@Joe Cache, we basically have the same set up minus the queue. We have auto reception call an extra user that has call handling ring sequentially. It first does a ring group of the receptionist's phones, then it does the external number.

The issue with the HUD is it shows the extra user picked up, not the actual person.

on Jul 17, 2020 at 11:11am   •  0 likes
We have a total of 18 extensions that everyone needs to be able to see who is on a call or not.  Everyone is using Cisco CP8611.  The app is not the direction they can go because their screen already has 10 other things open.  A call queue cannot send the caller to our external answering service.
on Jul 17, 2020 at 12:05pm   •  2 likes
The only workaround I can think of is to have a CQ of the 4 receptionists.  If they miss the call, it goes to VM.  On the VM greeting, there would be a custom message that says "press 1 to go to support" (or some other extension).  1 would be an extension that connects to the answering service.  You're essentially dialing by extension in the VM message.  Be sure to leave enough time after the prompt and before the beep to give the caller enough time to key press.
on Jun 13, 2021 at 5:13pm   •  0 likes

You can dial by extension during a voicemail greeting???

on Jul 17, 2020 at 11:38am   •  1 likes
There's a feature on the road map that allows call queues to route to extension (user, IVR, CQs, etc.).  Once this is released, you would be able send calls from the CQ to an extension that is forwarding out to your external service.  You can reach out to your sales rep to see when the feature will be released and the possibility of getting on it early.

You want visibility (presence) of all 18 extensions on the Cisco 8611?  It's limited to 8 users on presence unless you are using a sidecar. 
on Jun 13, 2021 at 5:12pm   •  0 likes

This feature - forwarding a Call Queue to any extension I want - is LONG overdue. Anyone know if it's there yet? I just looked and I can only send my Call Queues to voicemail.

All my client wants to do is have all their phone rings and then roll to the IVR if no-one answers! This should be easy!

on Jun 14, 2021 at 6:23am   •  1 likes

@Phil Denton

1. CQ Route to Extension: Reach out to your sales rep and they can get this enabled. It's available but not released.
  2. Dial by Extension: You can dial by extension at any time in RC, as long as you're not on an active call (actively speaking to someone or leaving a VM message). You would have to dial the ext. and the system recognize it before the VM beep.
on Jul 17, 2020 at 10:48am   •  0 likes
I am a little unclear when it comes to presence.  We need to be able to see ALL of the phones's status (not just the receptionist), so I need them all on presence, correct?  When a client calls in, I need all four phones to ring simultaneously, if they don't answer, it goes to the answering service.  A ring group seems to work best, but we loose the presence feature for the four of them when they pick up from the ring group.
on Jul 17, 2020 at 10:28am   •  0 likes
Could the other receptionists be added to the presence of each receptionist?  One receptionist would be able to then look at her phone or HUD in the desktop app to see the status of the other receptionists.  For the call to go an answering service, that would be set in the messages and notifications for the main line.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us