News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How to sync google calendar with events calendar in RingCentral?
Tags: integrations
Jun 15, 2021 at 2:08am   •   3 replies  •  1 likes
Wouter Op de Beeck

Hi,

I am using the free RingCentral Video Pro plan. And I would like to sync my google calendar with the events calendar in RingCentral but I cannot find how.

When I connect my google Calendar, all events in my google calendar show up as video meetings but the events calendar stays empty.

Is there a way to sync an already existing google calendar with the events calendar in RingCentral?

Thanks

BR

Wouter

on Jun 15, 2021 at 6:56am   •  0 likes
on Jun 15, 2021 at 9:03am   •  0 likes

Hi,

Thanks for the fast answer, but it's not quite what I am looking for.

My google calendar events show up in ringCentral meetings but I would like them to show up in the events tab in RingCentral and there nothing is showing. I added a screenshot of the desktop app (I am using this in dutch)

I hope this helps to clarify what I am struggling with.

BR

Wouter

1623772708933.png

on Jun 16, 2021 at 7:51am   •  1 likes

Hi Wouter, this is not an option in the RingCentral App. Schedules will only show up in Video Meetings..

on Jan 20, 2022 at 4:26am   •  2 likes

This really seems short sighted. RingCentral can be so much more than just a video meet scheduler with communications on the side. Since you already have the ability to specific specific Google Calendars that RC can 'see', why not replace the checkbox with a selector as to which calendar in RC the Google events (and tasks) show up in. I mean why display tasks in the video meeting calendar?? That makes no sense. As more and more clients prefer text, we're spending a LOT of time in RC and having it be able to do more or us (a Google Workspace company) would be amazing. I would love my 'workspace' to be useful beyond the RC island.

on Sep 9, 2021 at 9:29am   •  2 likes

I would love to be able to see my Team Events from RingCentral in my Google Calendar (not vice versa). This used to be possible. Is this something that is being worked on for the new unified app?

1 Answer
answered on Mar 14, 2024 at 11:31am  

Kind of disappointing to see this has yet to change- I'm also having a similar issue right now...

answered on Jan 20, 2022 at 4:25am  

This really seems short sighted. RingCentral can be so much more than just a video meet scheduler with communications on the side. Since you already have the ability to specific specific Google Calendars that RC can 'see', why not replace the checkbox with a selector as to which calendar in RC the Google events (and tasks) show up in. I mean why display tasks in the video meeting calendar?? That makes no sense. As more and more clients prefer text, we're spending a LOT of time in RC and having it be able to do more or us (a Google Workspace company) would be amazing. I would love my 'workspace' to be useful beyond the RC island.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us