question

Barkley Square avatar image
Barkley Square asked mary-community-moderator commented

Text to extension,Text to Extension

Is it possible to text to a specific extension rather than just the main number? We get texts that are intended for different business units and it gets confusing.

Is it possible for an outside person to text to a specific extension? Rather than the main number? We are having issues with texts coming in for different parts of our business and it is getting confusing.

sms and text messaging
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Barkley Square avatar image Barkley Square commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator is it possible for a client to text extension 101 versus 102 or the main number?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Barkley Square commented ·

I'm not sure I understand, but the sender/client needs to text the direct phone number of an extension.

0 Likes 0 ·
Barkley Square avatar image Barkley Square commented ·

@Mary-Community_Moderator OK. We want to be able to have texts go to different extensions of a phone number rather than them all doing to one big inbox. It sounds like we will have to have more than one phone number to accomplish this.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Barkley Square commented ·

I see what you mean. This feature is not available. You need to have individual numbers for each extensions.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

Yes, an extension must have a direct number assigned so it will receive an SMS.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app