question

b-d avatar image
b-d asked b-d edited

Call Screening Based on Contacts List(s)

Like most everyone, we are attempting to fend off Robo-calls and calls from bad actors. I thought we could enable Call Screening Based on Contacts List(s) to help with this. However, when one of these (or test) calls is made, the caller is asked for their name and to press #, but the call completes anyway(?). The called party hears the phone ring, they answer, and nothing is different.

The called party should hear what the caller says their name is and have an opportunity to reject the call....correct?

phonecontacts
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Is this an idea/feature request, a development question or a user question?

0 Likes 0 ·
b-d avatar image b-d Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Any of them. Not intending to be rude.... As it looks like you work for RingCentral and aren't aware of this RingCentral feature (Call Screening), probably one of the other areas. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ b-d commented ·

My point was that if it is an idea/feature request, you should create a new idea post. Or if you are a developer and looking for APIs to implement such a feature, then this is the right place to discuss. Or you are a user and looking for Call Screen configurations, then I can move your question to the customer community.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app