question

Nitesh Giri avatar image
Nitesh Giri asked Phong Vu commented

Finding Right Plan

I am building an app which would access the read APIs around call logs/ messages/ group chats etc. Which plan should suffice to achieve my cause ?

I see open api being offered premium onwards. What does this mean ?

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

All plans would have access to the API platform. The difference is that Premium and higher plans will have an associated sandbox account and have access to the platform 'out-of-the-box'. While Essentials and Standard plans will have access based on customer request and might be limited to certain access levels which is not available to those plans.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nathan Douds avatar image Nathan Douds commented ·

@Phong Vu - I'm slightly confused on this front. I want to build an app that integrates into our home grown CRM. Our customers each have their own RC accounts, and we want to call RC APIs on behalf of them through our app (seamlessly for them) - specifically, we need to be able to get access to their entire account's data (call logs, recordings, etc... for all of their users). We were told the best way to do this was to have each customer create a unique JWT that we'll use on their behaf.

Looking at the plans, it sounds like our customers must be on premium/ultimate plans in order for us to be able to access their information via API calls. Is this correct? In other words, if we have 2 customers, 1 on Essentials or Standard and 1 on Premium or Ultimate, we can only make API calls for that latter customer, NOT the one on the lower plans.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Nathan Douds commented ·

Well, for customers with Essentials or Standard plan, as they don't have a developer account, the portal that they can login to generate a JWT token for your integration app. They can only login your app by a username and password. And in your case, because your app is a public app should also support 3-legged authentication for those customers, then handle the auto-refresh token accordingly.screen-shot-2022-10-28-at-125501-pm.png

Alternatively, you can ask your customer (Essentials/Standard plan) to contact their RingCentral account manager to enable access to developer portal if they are qualified for.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys