question

Ring Central Admin avatar image
Ring Central Admin asked anon-user Deactivated edited

Ring Central Architecture For Disaster Restoration Business

Hello!

We have been using Ring Central for disaster response for a few months we provide 24/7 services. Our current architecture is not functioning as we would like. Currently we have one account and one phone number for 7 people. It goes through the ring central app installed on both phones and computers. We get unreliable calling behavior (calls only ringing 2 or 3 times when our settings are set to 12 rings) not all team members getting the alert on their phone. What I have gathered from support is that this is not what the service was intended to do.1624989939467.png

What are our requirements?

Each team member needs the following:

• Access to text messages from our main number
  • Access to voicemails from our main number
  • Synced contacts across all accounts
  • Be able to transfer calls between accounts
  • 100% reliability so that when our main number rings all other accounts ring

Missing a call due to some kind of technical failure is completely unacceptable and causes us to miss out on huge opportunities and costs us money.

What is our perceived solution?

I believe that a Call Queue could solve many of our issues but it is going to double our monthly bill and I have no idea if it is really going to solve our technical issues. I would set the call queue up to send to a bunch of new accounts and numbers simultaneously.

1624990316057.png

My Questions

So far I have found no documentation as to whether call queue members can access voicemails or respond to texts sent to the call queue? Can they do that?

If I setup the call queue to call all numbers simultaneously am I going to get expected results and are all of the phone apps going to ring?

How do I change a number associated with an account to instead be a direct number to a call queue?

When a direct number for a call queue is called does it trigger a call to the call queue?

Final Remarks

Whats been most difficult in resolving this issue is the importance of this phone system. I feel like (due to razor thin budget and downtime on the current system being unacceptable) I have had absolutely no freedom to expirament with ring services.

call queues
1624989939467.png (75.7 KiB)
1624990316057.png (182.6 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Ring Central Admin avatar image
Ring Central Admin answered

This was the answer sent by support.

We are pleased to answer your question with the details below: .

So far I have found no documentation as to whether call queue members can access voicemails or respond to texts sent to the call queue? Can they do that?

Answer: Call Queue Members can access voicemails provided that they do know the password to log in to the Call Queue Ext. All voicemail messages left in the Call Queue group should be accessible whoever is set as the Message recipient. For example, someone dialed your main number and call got routed to Call Queue Ext 1, if this person left a message and the Message Recipient set in that Call Queue is Call Queue Ext 1 as well, then the member can only have access to this message if they log in as the Call Queue Ext.

Another way to access voicemails is provided from this link:
View Call Queue Voicemails in RingCentral Online Account
https://support.ringcentral.com/article/View-Call-Queue-Voicemails-in-RingCentral-Online-Account.html

About responding to SMS, only an actual User Extension can respond to SMS. In addition to this, text messages to the Main Number get directed to the Operator Extension Only. Only the Operator receives those text messages. Only the Operator has the permissions to send a SMS with the Main Number as their Caller ID.

If I setup the call queue to call all numbers simultaneously am I going to get expected results and are all of the phone apps going to ring?

Answer: Yes, that's correct.
- Simultaneous: Ring all available members at the same time. Maximum: 10 members.
Member call handling rules are repeated until the call is answered or maximum wait time expires.

How do I change a number associated with an account to instead be a direct number to a call queue?
Answer: It depends on the type of number you want to assign to a call queue. If it's a digital line number, then you must need to convert it to a virtual number first so it can be used as a direct number for a Call Queue. If the number is not a digital line and currently not in used on your account, it should be under the Auto Receptionist section and it can be assign to a Call Queue by following the steps below:

Phone System> Phone Numbers> All Numbers> Click Number and assign to Call Queue Extension you desire then hit Save

When a direct number for a call queue is called does it trigger a call to the call queue?
Answer: Yes, it will ring directly the Call Queue Extension.

Here are some other information we believe may be useful to you.
https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Call-Queue-Overview.html#RelatedArticles
https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Call-Queue-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html

Hopefully, the information attached is sufficient for you. If you have any additional information that you think will help us to assist you, please feel free to reply to this email or you can reach us back through chat or call us at (888) 898-4591, option 3.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app