question

Alan Wright avatar image
Alan Wright asked Alan Wright answered

How to prevent access to mobile app, force desktop RC app usage,prevent Mobile app usage - limit access to desktop app

Is anyone aware of a way to limit user access to the desktop app. I have a manager that wants to prevent remote workers from leaving their desk and working from their mobile device. I cannot see a way to make this happen.

We are using the Desktop RC Phone app and we still need some people to use the mobile app as needed, this is a group of people that should be working from their computer. I see no way to prevent them from installing the mobile app and signing in and fielding calls from wherever. I know that is generally what we want, but for this department it makes sense to limit their mobility.

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @Alan Wright! You can use Custom Roles for this one. You have to customize the allowed device through your web portal. Click here to know more.

Here's the sample screenshot.

2021-07-01-00-34-57.png2021-07-01-00-35-22.png

Thank you!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Alan Wright avatar image
Alan Wright answered

Perfect, We are using roles, is see the option now. That is a logical place for that!

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app