question

Ed Stern avatar image
Ed Stern asked jenn-community-moderator commented

Simul ring users but then group voice mail

I'm trying to set up a IVR where say for example Press 1 for customer support.This then rings multiple users extensions OR rings one then the other, then.. and if no answer goes to a voice mail all those users can check.

I see some close features here in RC but not this ability. For example if I set up a phone queue, the voice mails can only be seen by an admin and they have to long into an entirely different place etc. Is there a way to set up a virtual extension and have that consecutive or simul ring the extensions and then go to a voice mail all can check... and can an alert go out there is a voice mail?

ringcentral appvoicemailivr
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Andy Anderson avatar image
Andy Anderson answered jenn-community-moderator commented

I would suggest creating a ringgroup and then modifying the email notifications for voicemails.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Set-up-Ring-Group.html

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ed Stern avatar image Ed Stern commented ·

Thanks So is there some sort of virtual extension I'd make for the IVR and then that would be the voice mail box? How would everyone check that voice mail then?

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ Ed Stern commented ·

Hello @Ed Stern! Sharing of voicemail extension is not possible as of the moment, though. We would love to add your vote HERE. The workaround is to create a message-only extension and assign it to the extension with a ring group, and for you to check the voicemail, click HERE. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app