Question

Can I see the call recording duration from the call record?

• 13 March 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm working on a requirement for a customer, and I need to find calls in the call log where the recording duration is > 60 seconds. Within the call record, I see the property "duration", which pertains to the entire call. The problem is that sometimes my client's customers opt-out of the recording, and so the recording length is around 10-12 seconds, even though the actual call duration (indicated by the duration property) is anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Is there any way that I can obtain the duration of the recording from either the call record, or from the recording info record? Or, alternatively, is there a way that I can see if the caller "opted out" of the recording?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Hi Matt,

I am afraid that it is the current limitation of the call-log API's response. You may need to first, download all recorded calls with the duration > 70 (or can be a bit greater number) then use some audio library to detect the actual duration of the files. I know this is not a perfect solution but it helps to solve the problem for now.

Kind regards,
Phong Vu