question

Mike Rotharmel avatar image
Mike Rotharmel asked Mike Rotharmel commented

Delete Posts From App Integrations

Apparently support want's me to request this as a "Feature," which is absolutely hilarious in and of itself, but despite being a global admin and the one who added the app integration, I am unable to delete posts made by the app integration. I've been instructed by support to create a feature request because apparently you can't delete any posts made by app integrations so I've been told which is wild.

integrations
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bryan Caplovitz avatar image Bryan Caplovitz commented ·

This used to work fine in the old version (Glip). It's ridiculous that it was disabled.

If I accidentally get confidential information posted by a webhook, for example, and I don't want others to see it, there's nothing I can do about it. I created the team, I'm the Admin, I added the webhook, but I can't delete items from my own team!

1 Like 1 ·
Mike Rotharmel avatar image Mike Rotharmel Bryan Caplovitz commented ·

Yep, that's what lead to me making this post here originally and on the ideas page. Nice to see nothing's changed in 9 months, but im not surprised. There just seems to be such a lack of integration support with the MVP application with so many only working with the "old" ringcentral. Even Zapier can't make a post to a team channel which is laughable. I used to be able to login to glip via the web where I could edit the posts, but since they took it away I ended up disabling the team channel since we had no control over it. It also seems like half the time I contact support regarding the app, they don't even know what RingCentral MVP is. It's been extremely disappointing with the lack of support the application has.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

What is your exact query? Do you want to request feature. If yes, you can log it here: https://ringcentral.ideas.aha.io/

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

@Mike Rotharmel Anirban is right - we'd love it if you'd submit to the Ideas Portal and not here in the Community.
Did you have a case associated with your call? I'd like to follow up with the Support agent to make sure they know to point feature requests to the Ideas Portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Rotharmel avatar image Mike Rotharmel commented ·

Thanks Becky, this was the link support provided me where to submit the feature request. I'll submit via the link you have provided.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Mike Rotharmel commented ·

Thanks, @Mike Rotharmel! Was just going to follow up with the agent you worked with to make sure they know about the portal.
Let me know if you should have any further questions or if my team can help!

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app