question

steve-field9303 avatar image
steve-field9303 asked Phong Vu answered

Disabling mobile application while enabling desktop application at the same time"

we use both mobile and desktop apps, problem is when we are in the office and the phone rings the calls come in via BOTH APPS so the main office phones ring and ALL mobiles ring at the same time - why is there not a simple slide tab in mobile app to temporarily disable mobile app, similar to "accept queue calls"

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your feedback!

I think this is a feature making it convenient for users to pick up a call from which ever devices set for the same RC number. If I remember correctly, as soon as you pick up the call (or decline it) from one of the device, the other devices will stop ringing.

However, with this type of end user questions/ideas, it is better to to ask/share under the RingCentral customer community ( https://www.ringcentral.com/community/index.html). This forum is more dedicated to developers with technical questions regarding the RingCentral platform.

Meanwhile, I will write this down and discuss internally to see if we can implement such a function later.

Kind regards,
Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys