question

Mike Edwards avatar image
Mike Edwards asked Tom Jones commented

Can't delete duplicate blocked call numbers

I am a single user with one extension. I have in my blocked call list 160 numbers and area codes with most of them as duplicates. When I select a blocked number and then click the "delete" key for that number, nothing happens. I even scroll to the bottom of the page and select "save" my changes but the duplicate number still appears in my blocked call list. It's the same issue with blocked area codes.

What is the proper format to enter to block a specific area code? is it just the 3 number area code or the number 1and then the 3 number area code?

phone
7 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Try to clear cache & cookies, then relaunch your page. It could just be a glitch. You can block an area code by entering the first three digits.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Edwards avatar image Mike Edwards commented ·

I tried your suggestion. I was able to delete one blocked number and that was it. All other numbers when I clicked the delete button did nothing. They weren't deleted. just another issue with Ring Central.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Mike Edwards commented ·

Would you please open a ticket for this issue so it will be isolated if others also have the same problem?

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

Are you using desktop or mobile app? Can you uninstall and reinstall again and see if that fix.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Edwards avatar image Mike Edwards commented ·

Using desktop, support contacted me about this issue and tried to delete the blocked numbers and had the same result, nothing deleted. Support said they were going to escalate the issues and would get back to me.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Mike Edwards commented ·

Good to hear that it's now escalated. Let us know how it goes. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Jones avatar image Tom Jones mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Any solution for this?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Tom Jones avatar image
Tom Jones answered

I have the same issue for three weeks now. "Known issue" for 3 weeks now and no solution... Somehow I have a "1" in the blocked list and no one can call any of our numbers... Worst support.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app