question

Mike Fish avatar image
Mike Fish asked mary-community-moderator commented

How Can I Allow OGMs from Prompts Library to be assigned to individual user's extension's voicemail boxes?

I have a need to allow OGMs from Prompts Library to be assigned to individual user's extension's voicemail boxes. How can I accomplish that?

voicemailivr
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mike Fish avatar image Mike Fish commented ·

My point is that there is NO WAY to upload a WAV or MP3 file to a user's OGM voicemail.

You CAN do it for Call Queues, IVR Menus, etc. But you CANNOT do it for a user's extension. All you can do for a user's extension is use the DEFAULT, have it call you to record via phone, or click the red dot and use your computer's microphone to record it.

If RingCentral just added one more button to allow for uploading a pre-recorded sound file, it would solve my issue.

CORRECTION: I STAND CORRECTED: I SEE NOW THAT THERE IS IN FACT AN IMPORT BUTTON. THEY DID ADD IT! THANKS RINGCENTRAL.

All there is left todo is to integrate it more tightly with the Voice Prompt Library.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Mike Fish commented ·

Thanks, Mike.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Mike Fish converted comment to answer

Hi Mike, there is no feature to enable it automatically. You need to download the greeting from the Prompts Library and upload it in each extension's voicemail greeting. Here's a Knowledge Base Article on how to upload a voicemail greeting in an Extension.

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/Upload-Recorded-Voicemail-Greeting.html

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app