question

john-jutsum227 avatar image
john-jutsum227 asked john-jutsum227 commented

How to obtain RingCentral (Zoom) API Key and Secret for use with existing 3rd-party app/platform (which already integrates with Zoom)

Hello, newbie question here (from a non-developer RC admin) -

Our company uses the NovoEd online learning platform (www.novoed.com). NovoEd apparently has an existing integration with Zoom, and to set this up all that is needed is to supply the Zoom API Key and API Secret (literally, just need to enter them in the two fields provided in the NovoEd admin UI). They explain how/where to obtain these from Zoom. But, this assumes one has an actual Zoom account, which we do not. We have Zoom as RingCentral Meetings (via our RingCentral Office account).

I've looked at some of the RC Developer community articles, but they reference "creating an application" in the Developer portal to obtain the keys. We're not creating a NEW application, we need to connect to an existing one, so this doesn't make sense. It seems like we should be able to obtain the API Key and Secret for our RingCentral account, but I cannot find anywhere to do this, and RC Support sent me to this forum.

Any guidance would be appreciated - thank you in advance!

John

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered john-jutsum227 commented

This is simply impossible as we don't provide Zoom app key/secret..

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

john-jutsum227 avatar image john-jutsum227 commented ·

Hi Phong,

Thank you for your quick response, much appreciated.

It will be disappointing to the project team involved that it isn't possible to connect 3rd-party apps to the RC-branded version of Zoom. But it is what it is.

Do you happen to know if this will be a supported capability with the new RC Video meeting platform? I realize I'm asking this in an RC Meetings (legacy) forum; just checking to see if you might happen to know.

John

1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys