question

taiya-nah avatar image
taiya-nah asked mary-community-moderator commented

HUD showing Anonymous instead of employee name

HUD is only showing "Anonymous" and the extension instead of the employee name.

How do I get it to show the names again?

See below:

1630007141647.png

hud
1630007141647.png (14.8 KiB)
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Onur Cam avatar image Onur Cam commented ·
Here is the solution that worked for me for anyone who runs into this issue:

Purge the data on RC Phone client from Settings>Support>Purge Data

This will clear the data on the user's machine and ask you to login again. Their contact information will be refreshed and you will be able to see the contact names again.

1637168907258.png

1 Like 1 ·
1637168907258.png (107.3 KiB)
Michael Alvarado avatar image Michael Alvarado Onur Cam commented ·

I had the same issue with a client. it was only one employee in that company with the issue. I had uninstalled and reinstalled (thinking they were maybe running RC classic) that didn't help I deauthorized his PC when i did that but to no avail. PURGE DATA option did the trick!!

Good eye!!

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Michael Alvarado commented ·

Thanks for sharing this solution, Michael.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@taiya-nah, would you please try to uninstall/reinstall your app? It could be a glitch in the system.

0 Likes 0 ·
taiya-nah avatar image taiya-nah mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Okay I just uninstalled and reinstalled, and everyone is still showing as anonymous.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ taiya-nah commented ·

That is weird. Would you please open a case so the Tech Support Team can investigate the issue? You can submit a ticket here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Swain avatar image Joe Swain commented ·

This is occurring for at least one employee in my organization also. He sees "Anonymous" for a handful of his direct-reports in the HUD and cannot see them in the Contacts tab of RC Phone either. Uninstalling/updating/rebooting, etc. doesn't change anything for him...

Meanwhile, the affected extensions show up perfectly fine in HUD and contacts for other users.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Joe Swain commented ·

@Joe Swain, please have your employee open a ticket so it will be reolve. You may provide this link.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app