question

Andrew Prokop avatar image
Andrew Prokop asked Phong Vu commented

Meetings/Teams app for developer account

I want to work with the meetings APIs, but when I attempt to log into https://meetings.ringcentral.com/join with my developer credentials, I receive this message:

Sorry, you currently don't have permission to access this service. Contact your administrator to change permissions.

First, is this the right link? If not, what link do I use? If this is the correct link, how do I fix this?

P.S. My applications all run. I can successfully create a team and send messages to it. I just don't know where to go to see the results.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Meeting does not work on sandbox account. When Meetings (RCM) is enabled for your sandbox account, it just allows you to create an app and call the APIs to create a meeting etc. But you cannot test (start, join etc) those meetings at all under sandbox environment. If you have a production account, you can then graduate the app and test it on your production environment.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andrew Prokop avatar image
Andrew Prokop answered Phong Vu commented

Thanks. Running on a production account isn't a good option right now. I could have sworn that I had this working on my developer account a couple months ago. I wish I remembered what I did to make that happen.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

There is no way that a meeting can be tested in sandbox account. We don't have watermark nor limit the trial limit so it is simply not supported.

https://community.ringcentral.com/questions/1293/meetings-in-sandbox.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys