question

David Vanest avatar image
David Vanest asked Joe Cache commented

Need to have received faxes sent to the email address listed in Messaging Notifications.

Number 989-930-4310 is a direct-dial number to our On-Boarding/Recruiting Department. We also have the group set up as a User with Extension 4310. What do I need to do in the Ext 4310 Notification Settings to get faxes sent to 989-930-4310 also emailed to the group's email account? I've tried adding it and testing but it doesn't work... the faxes show sent but no emails are going through.

1631822145142.png

1631822298366.png

1631822359007.png

notifications
1631822145142.png (15.0 KiB)
1631822298366.png (23.8 KiB)
1631822359007.png (15.7 KiB)
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi David, were you able to see the received fax in the extension's web portal or app?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Vanest avatar image David Vanest mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Mary,

No, the faxes are not showing up in phone app Fax area or in the web portal Messages Inbox. However, I do see the fax attempts listed in the web portal Call Log as missed voice calls from the fax number I'm faxing from. Also, I am receiving fax transmission results confirming the faxes were sent. Here's an example:

1631893913799.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1631893913799.png (16.6 KiB)
David Vanest avatar image David Vanest commented ·

Thanks Anirban, but I tried all of this before submitting my original message. But thanks for making the suggestions!!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

"You can also send a a copy of the fax message sent as a .pdf file to your email. You can do this by enabling this option on the Advanced Notifications section of your RingCentral Online account. "

Ref:-

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/fax-where-can-view-received-faxes.html

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/5-10-Editing-your-Extension-s-Notification-Settings.html#advanced

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Joe Cache avatar image
Joe Cache answered Joe Cache commented

RC has a gremlin running amok in their fax routing - we've had this issue since February as well.
Their 'workaround' is to put the email address in the authorized to send email - even though it should be from the same email address - sometimes it just 'forgets.'
1631899492697.png

Under Outbound Calls/Faxes - Fax Settings - at the bottom.
Add the same email address to that field and save... send a test.

1631899492697.png (18.1 KiB)
3 comments
1 |3000

David Vanest avatar image David Vanest commented ·

Joe,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, saved, and tested, but the result was exactly the same. The faxes are not showing up in phone app Fax area or in the web portal Messages Inbox. However, I do see the fax attempts listed in the web portal Call Log as missed voice calls from the fax number I'm faxing from. Also, I am receiving fax transmission results confirming the faxes were sent.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ David Vanest commented ·

@David Vanest, kindly coordinate this issue with Tech Support Team. You may open a case here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Cache avatar image Joe Cache David Vanest commented ·

Quick thought - is the number you are connecting to set as Voice only or Voice/Fax?

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app