question

bill259 avatar image
bill259 asked Suyash Joshi commented

I am trying retrieve a call log

I am using in sand box the following:

I am getting this error.

{

"errorCode": "InsufficientPermissions", "message": "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [ReadCallLog] permission", "errors": [ { "errorCode": "CMN-401", "message": "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [ReadCallLog] permission", "permissionName": "ReadCallLog" } ], "permissionName": "ReadCallLog" }

I was using ~ because I I do not know where to find my account Id?

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

paco-vu avatar image
paco-vu answered
Hi Bill,

As the error dictated, you need to open the app and add the "ReadCallLog" permission then try again.

If you don't know how to add permissions to your app. Please read this getting started doc (Section "Create your App" step 5.)

https://developer.ringcentral.com/library/getting-started.html

Kind regards,
Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

NuCare Admin avatar image
NuCare Admin answered Suyash Joshi commented

Hi Paco-vu.

I did already, but I am keeping an error below.

{ "errorCode" : "InsufficientPermissions" , "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [ReadCompanyCallLog] have to be granted to the authorized user." , "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "CMN-408" , "message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [ReadCompanyCallLog] have to be granted to the authorized user." , "permissionsName" : "ReadCompanyCallLog" } ], "permissionsName" : "ReadCompanyCallLog" }

I allowed ReadCallLog permission to my app, but I am getting an error below when I test api using Postman. I will use this api in my PHP.

But for now, api is not working on Postman, so I don't believe this api will work in my PHP.

Please see this.

https://prnt.sc/UDJ-YWFmJrEK

I am not clear why it keeps an error above.

Please let me know. Please help me!!

Thanks.

3 comments
1 |3000

Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
NuCare Admin avatar image NuCare Admin Suyash Joshi ♦ commented ·

Hi Joshi. I already explained enough. I added permission but still getting an error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi ♦ NuCare Admin commented ·

It's a most likely a role-based issue, you need to use admin credentials. Can you try that?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys