question

John Langhauser avatar image
John Langhauser asked Phong Vu commented

Mapping Archiver files to call logs

Is there any way to deterministically map the call recording files created by RC Archiver with the call logs retrieved via the API?

The file names for the archiver seem to follow a common pattern, but I don't see any kind of ID that maps back to anything I get from the call logs API. Is there a call_id or something embedded in these file names? The call Ids when I retrieve calls from the API look like this "NrMSdJCstdSWzUB" so I'm not sure how to map my recordings to call logs.

My goal is to be able to associate each call record from the call log with the recording for that call. For recordings retained by RC within the retention window this is done for me in the API, but once the files are archived I don't know how to do this other than haphazardly trying to match from/to phone numbers and approximate date-times. Is there any other way to do what I'm trying to do here? Would appreciate any guidance you have - thanks!

rest api
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I never used/tested Archiver. Let me check with the team and get back to you.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys