question

Scott Walker avatar image
Scott Walker asked mary-community-moderator commented

New RingCentral Video recordings have multiple issues compared to RC Meetings Recording (Zoom)

I am finding multiple issues with RC Video meeting recordings vs the legacy RC Meetings product (based on Zoom). Including:
1. Recordings are low quality
2. Recordings drop the shared screen in recording
3. Name of recording assumes some random "other meeting title" when using Instant meeting

We previously used RC Meetings recordings to have "1 person meetings" and record tutorials and videos to show what users were experiencing to share. This won't work and we have had to resort to using Zoom instead.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I submitted a case...and will report any updates to this post. Thanks

meetingsvideo
6 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

sherri-whitehead9037 avatar image sherri-whitehead9037 commented ·

Agree - There is no spotlight speaker option. Quite a downgrade from RC Meetings.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ sherri-whitehead9037 commented ·

Hi @sherri-whitehead, may I know what you mean by spotlight speaker?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for reporting this, @Scott Walker. Let us know how it goes with the ticket you created.

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Walker avatar image Scott Walker commented ·

Update - no word from support yet - attempting to escalate

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Scott Walker commented ·

@Scott Walker Let me investigate what happened to your case and get back to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Scott Walker commented ·

Hi, @Scott Walker Update on your case, your case was not escalated by the system properly. They said that it will be assigned to someone now and will contact you.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app