question

Chad Corey avatar image
Chad Corey asked Phong Vu commented

Creating/Updating profile image.

Your API documentation only shows this as a form submission but we are trying to do this without user interaction.

I think what I may be missing is the content type for the CreateUserProfileImageRequest attachment.

using C# this is what I tried. Error was "the format of value 'image' is invalid.

byte[] b = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(@"C:\Users\cacarey\Documents\iface.jpg");

CreateUserProfileImageRequest cp = new CreateUserProfileImageRequest();
            RingCentral.Attachment att = new Attachment();
            att.filename = "iface.jpg";
            att.content = b;
            att.contentType = "image";
            cp.image = att;

var rr = await restClient.Restapi().Account(accountID).Extension(extID).ProfileImage().Post(cp);
rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Try

att.contentType = "image/jpeg";
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chad Corey avatar image
Chad Corey answered Phong Vu commented

What is the best image size to use for this or how does the scaling option work?

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

These are the 3 scaled sizes. So I recommend using the max size 584x584

90x90

195x195

584x584

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys