question

bryan-chauvin9475 avatar image
bryan-chauvin9475 asked anton-nikitin commented

Call Recording API Endpoint in Sandbox

I am trying to develop an application to retreive some Call Log and Call Recording information as well as the actual Recordings. Unfortunately to promote the application to be used in Production and not just in Sandbox you have to use each Endpoint and test your API calls.

This is a problem because the Sandbox doesn't allow you to save Recordings as far as I know.. so I cannot test the Recording endpoint from the API.

I read another post on the forums to post and give the account information so they can add the "Call Recording" endpoint to my Application. So here I am.

The Application I am developing on the Developer Portal is just called "Recordings". Please let me know what else I should provide.

** I tried calling Support to have this done and they said they cannot touch Developer accounts and I need to make a post to do this.. seems odd?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

anton-nikitin avatar image
anton-nikitin answered anton-nikitin commented
Bryan, I assume you can create on-demand call recordings on Sandbox by using RingCentral softphone. Or if you call via deskphone or PSTN you can try to use *9 as described here  https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/code-for-start-and-stop-recording-a-phone-conve...

After that you should be able to test this API in your app.
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bryan-chauvin9475 avatar image bryan-chauvin9475 commented ·
Thanks for the reply. I did try making a few calls back when I first started this project and it the logs would show up.. but they were not recorded.

The Sandbox also doesn't have a setting for Recording, so I'm at a loss. I know a previous post I saw the Rep said to post the account and they could add it to their account without issue.. was hoping this would be the case.
0 Likes 0 ·
anton-nikitin avatar image anton-nikitin commented ·
Well, we have two types of call recordings:

* Automatic call recording -- it is not supported on Sandbox
* On-demand call recording -- it should be supported on Sandbox but needs to be initiated manually during a call using *9

From the API standpoint resulted artifacts are pretty similar, so you can test your app with on-demand recordings and we will track the necessary number of API calls.
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys