question

stavan14604 avatar image
stavan14604 asked anon-user Deactivated edited

How to use RingCentral partners branding Buttons

Partners compatibility instructs to use Partners branding Buttons:

https://ringcentral-api-docs.readthedocs.io/en/rcv-docs/basics/partner-compatibility/

Authentication

Buttons

Our partner's customers may not always be aware that RingCentral is the service powering the solution they use everyday. They may only know their service by the name our partner's give their product, for example "AT&T Office@Hand." For this reason, we recommend developers make specific reference to each of the services a customer may wish to connect to.

The following images have been provided to help you construct buttons to initiate the login flow with RingCentral and all of its partners.

QUESTION:

Has anyone used those partner buttons. If yes please provide link to a working example of the buttons. I want to see how they are used and how they work.

Also where can I download those buttons?

Thanks,

Stan

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Follow the instructions in this quick start guide. When creating your application, select all brands or the brand you want to support. Modify the code by adding the brand id of the brand you want to show.

app.get('/', function (req, res) {
    var platform = rcsdk.platform()
    if (req.session.tokens != undefined){
        var tokensObj = req.session.tokens
        platform.auth().setData(tokensObj);
        platform.loggedIn().then(function(isLoggedIn) {
          if (isLoggedIn) {
            return res.render('test')
          }
          res.render('index', {
              authorize_uri: platform.loginUrl({
                brandId: '7710'
              })
          });
        })
        return;
    }
    res.render('index', {
        authorize_uri: platform.loginUrl({
          brandId: '7710'
        })
    });
})

For example the brand id 7710 will show this branch on the login dialog.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

stavan14604 avatar image
stavan14604 answered Phong Vu commented

Hi Phong,

thank you for your answer.

Well my application has been "matured" now - reviewed and accepted by Ringcentral apparently without brand ID codes and I want to submit to all their partners libraries too... So what I should do now???

Also "all partners" was not selected at the beginning... How to correct all this?

Can it be corrected gradually after the app is already submitted to the RingCentral library?

Or in other words can I just keep adding partners and submitting... How to do that?

partners.png (19.0 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is your app client id?

0 Likes 0 ·
stavan14604 avatar image

Production Client ID V24IHjg0Ra2K3gl1_h0nyg

Sandbox Environment Client ID 3RI1w53nSBq_uRjSxrHyNA

1 comment
1 |3000

You app was selected to support all brands except Zoom and Avaya. You just need to provide a brandId for each brand.

0 Likes 0 ·
stavan14604 avatar image

@Phong Vu - Yes, I asked for that and they added all the partners yesterday after the app has been reviewed and "matured" some time ago. I see Avaya in my Admin panel but do not see Zoom...

Now I am still not clear how to add the "brandId" parameter:

- do we need the above code for each and every partner within the code of the app? - if so do we need to resubmit again for maturing review = more time...

- or no action is needed from our side at this point?

- if we need to change the code - can I submit only the original RingCentral app to the app library so it is available online and I can start marketing it?

(sorry I am not a programmer)

All I know right now we are just sitting with the app approved already and wasting time...

I need clear (non IT) answer like:

1) Stan, you can submit the Ringcentral app for inclusion into the app library as it is and later can keep adding "brandId"s and submitting for each partner library gradualy - this is preferable process if possible

OR

2) Stan, you have to add all the "brandId"s inside your app code, then resubmit for maturity approval and then submit to libraries - this may take another month...

Thanks,

1 comment
1 |3000

Hi Stavan,

1. You don't have to wait for other brands support. You can add the app to the app gallery for RC brand right away. Then once the setup for other brands is ready, you can add that brand to the app gallery one by one too.
  2. You don't need to resubmit the app for approval if you need to change your app code.
  3. You can hardcode all the brand ids in your code, or you can pass the brand id when user choose the brand they login. Since you said that you are not a programmer, I don't know how to explain this. But let me know if you want details
  4. Remember that only AT&T brand requires a different server

0 Likes 0 ·
stavan14604 avatar image
stavan14604 answered

@Phong Vu - These are the answers I needed. Thank you.

1 |3000

stavan14604 avatar image
1 comment
1 |3000

Hi Stavan,

The redirect uri is the full address where you run your code and expect to receive the code from RingCentral server. Just make sure add them (if you have multiple) to your app configurations.

0 Likes 0 ·
stavan14604 avatar image
stavan14604 answered

Never mind. I figured it out. Thx.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys