question

Esteban Helguero avatar image
Esteban Helguero asked Phong Vu answered

IVR and webhooks

Hi, my client has a IVR with Ringcentral and then we have subscriptions made for the webhooks. Do you know if there is a way to know which calls are being made by the IVR to the call queues? I can't get the information and I need it to send SMS when the call is dropped. Thanks

rest apiwebhooksivr
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Do you want to identify a call via IVR to a call queue vs. a call directly to the call queue? Or a call via IVR with multiple options and on of the options is a call queue?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Esteban Helguero avatar image
Esteban Helguero answered

Hi @Phong Vu , sorry I wrote the first comment really bad. I want to know when someone calls the IVR (to get the sessionId, caller phone number, all the data) and to which number is it redirected, does not matter if it is a call queue or a direct number.

We already have a Lambda function that gets all the events of a phone call with the subscription to /restapi/v1.0/account/xxxxxxx/extension/xxxxxxxx/telephony/sessions endpoints. The calls to the IVR are shown on these endpoints?

Thanks for the help

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You can use the account level event notification and when receiving notification, check the event with or without the [extension/extentionId] to identify which one is gone thru the IVR or directly to the extension. I know it's a bit complicated but if you print out all the notification in different scenario, you will find the pattern.

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/telephony/sessions
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys