question

Doug Snyder avatar image
Doug Snyder asked Suyash Joshi answered

Call Recording (Mono) Speaker Assignment

It appears as though RingCentral records calls in Mono, and when you run the mp3 through a transcription service - the speaker is always changing. Is there a way to make that NOT happen? So the first person speaking is speaker 1, or speaker 1 is associated with the agent on inbound, etc.

call recording
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Most of speech-to-text services provide only diarization and they can only label different speakers as you can see as speaker 0, speaker 1 ,speaker 2 etc. I am not aware of any ML service out there that supports speaker identification, which normally requires pre-training with a speaker's voice sample.

If this is critical for your app/service, you can implement your own app which records call in multiple channel and thus, you will know e.g. which channel is an agent and which channel is a customer. Let me know if this is what you want to implement so I can help further.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Suyash Joshi avatar image
Suyash Joshi answered

I'm not sure if Mono audio is the cause of this problem, perhaps try a few different transcription services and compare results?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys