question

Daniel Davies avatar image
Daniel Davies asked James Arvidson answered

Retrieving call recordings and call log for Contact Centre

I'm trying to retrieve the call log for an account in Contact Centre. I have an integration that already works with MVP, using the "/account/~/call-log" endpoint. Will this also work for Contact Centre?

I don't have an account against which I can test this available to me, unfortunately, and am not clear on which type of developer account I would need to test this. Apologies if this is something covered in any documentation, I've not managed to find information covering which API is supported for which product.

rest apicontact center
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Saying Contact Center, do you mean the RingCentral Engage Voice? If so, browse this page to see how to access the analytics, call history etc. It is completely difference from the MVP call log.

Does your company have an Engage Voice account? And you want to access call "log" on that account?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

James Arvidson avatar image
James Arvidson answered

Also to add to Phong Vu's comment.

Simply, no the API and end point for call recordings for MVP and COntact Center are different unless you took the effort during implementation to create custom storage an congiured them both to store recordings there. I doubt that was done s it severely limits historical reporting, analytics, and other possible functionality dow the road.

Easy answer, no, MVP and Contact Center do not store their call recordings in the same place by default.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys