question

Scott Ruff avatar image
Scott Ruff asked mary-community-moderator commented

Keyboard and Mouse Control in Meetings

The removal of keyboard and mouse control in the latest Ring Central meeting app is having a big impact. Can we get an update on when this feature will be put back in the app?

Thanks.

meetings
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

@Scott Ruff, As far as I know, remote control access is still available in RingCentral Meetings. Are you referring to RingCentral Video instead?

0 Likes 0 ·
Scott Ruff avatar image Scott Ruff commented ·

Sorry, you are correct; RingCentral Video. I thought we all had to move over to the new application and that is the one that doesn't have controls?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Scott Ruff commented ·

Yes, this remote control feature is currently not available in RingCentral Video. The Product Team said that it's coming in Q1 2022. We are waiting for their announcement on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brett Reed avatar image Brett Reed commented ·

Please make an announcement when this comes out! We miss having the remote control feature. We will use this feature when available again. To have the client do a reverse meeting is embarrassing. Thank you! :)

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Brett Reed commented ·

@Brett Reed, the Remote Control feature is now available in RingCentral Video. Please check the KB article below, and let me know if you have questions.

https://support.ringcentral.com/video/in-meeting-controls/requesting-approving-remote-desktop-control.html

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app