question

Krista Lambert avatar image
Krista Lambert asked mary-community-moderator commented

RingCentral user unable to start a video call with employee from the RingCentral app: Host receives the message "The meeting is over. You cannot join now."

My boss and I both use the RingCentral app to communicate. Normally, to start a video call with me, from within the Messages tab he simply clicks the 'Start Video Call' video icon beside my name. As of yesterday, when he does this, he gets the message "The meeting is over. You cannot join now" and the video call ends itself. I can see him calling me in our messages but cannot answer. This problem does not happen when I am the one calling him.

ringcentral appvideo
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, @Krista Lambert Another customer also had the same issue yesterday. Her ticket is currently in progress. Please submit a ticket for this, too. You can do it here.

2 Likes 2 ·

1 Answer

Krista Lambert avatar image
Krista Lambert answered mary-community-moderator commented

RC Support suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the app. That did not work.

What DID finally work for us was when the user having the issue changed his personal meeting ID.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for sharing this, @Krista Lambert.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app